Local Talk

Baby groups on Wednesday or Thursday

(11 Posts)
cheekypickle Wed 08-Feb-12 11:21:01

Hi everyone,

My little girl is nearly 6 months. I live just off Unthank road and go to the City and Eaton Surestart for baby groups and we're going to start Mini Monkies on a Friday soon.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a baby groups that runs on Wednesdays or Thursdays?

Thanks!

Shutupanddrive Wed 08-Feb-12 18:39:56

Hi I am nowhere near you but ask your local health visitor, they should know what's going on in your area

cheekypickle Mon 13-Feb-12 17:34:27

thank you

Update to my own post really,

but there is a Presma baby music group run at Eaton Park Community Centre on a Wednesday morning.

Only £3.50 for a whole hour!

4madboys Mon 13-Feb-12 17:53:13

i used to go to that tho and was lovely! price has gone up a bit tho!

i go to one just off ispwich road ona friday and there is one in eaton on a tue, dont know of any on wed or thu tho. what about your local library isnt there one off the avenues? they may hold story time or rhyme time etc, and the forum in city centre aslo has activities in the week smile

are you on fb? we have a couple of fb groups one for mnetter and another for activites to do in norwich/norfolk smile

i used to live just off unthank on avenue road btw! if you are on fb pm me and i can add you to the groups smile

stinkybear Mon 13-Feb-12 17:59:01

There's a parent & toddler group at St Thomas Church on Earlham Rd. Wednesday morning 9.30 to 11.30. Think one runs on Coleman Road on a Wednesday too. There's always the sing song in the Forum Library on a Thursday morning at 10.30 as well. But Presma are great if you have a place with them smile!

4madboys Mon 13-Feb-12 18:01:48

actually there used to be a toddler group on thu afternoon? at the church hall on jessop road, i think it still runs, am fairly sure it was a thu afternoon? might be worth checking smile

cheekypickle Tue 14-Feb-12 10:08:21

hey guys,

thanks so much for your replies.

alas I must be the only person not to be on Facebook. Am keen to go to as many groups as possible to keep busy really! its good to do one thing at least every day.

I'm a primary school teacher and really used to the hustle and bustle of the classroom, and now its a bit quiet with little one who doesn't natter back to me!!

sing song at the library sounds good.

thanks again

Funhun1 Sat 16-Feb-13 12:27:37

Community group called Funky Fitness is having a fun day on Thursday 21st Feb at Clover Hill Village Hall Humbleyard Bowthorpe 11am - 2pm bring a pack lunch if you like it is just £1

nutella81 Mon 18-Feb-13 21:19:51

I'm soo the same, we do five different classes a week - we both enjoy getting out instead of being stuck indoors.

I also go to Presma on Wed mornings and love it. There isn't any this week though for half term. On a Thursday I'd really recommend Baby Sensory run by Cathryn. There is both a website and fb group, and today she's just released some spaces (normally there is a waiting list). I think they do free trials too.

Hope this helps xx

notretod Tue 23-Apr-13 19:25:46

Hi
You'd be very welcome to my toddler group at Notre Dame prep school in Dereham Road. I run a Thursday session, from 09.25 - 10.55, and we're a really friendly, happy lot. Just pop in to see us!

matmarnic Thu 30-May-13 12:27:09

hi there
have you thought about mother and baby swim sessions?i know a lovely lady teaching at norwich city academy and also at taverham hall somedays.not sure of the times and days but its worthwhile checking out.she is an excellent teacher.i have some friends that are going and it is such a nice thing as the mothers get in the water with their baby's. my friends are absolutely loving it.she has a website, so if you search purple jellyfish swim school, i am sure her contact details will be on there.i am enrolling my 10 year old and 8 year old in the next term and am looking forward to them learning how to swim.
hope this helps and good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now