Local Talk

German mum moving to Norfolk

(13 Posts)
Zaubermaus Fri 05-Oct-12 17:29:14

Hi, we will be moving to Norfolk next summer as my DH has got a new job in Norwich. I am German but have been living in England for 12 years. I would love to hear some recommendations re places to live as we have no clue where to start. We live in North Yorkshire at the moment and have heard that Wymondham, Reepham and Aylsham are all nice and have good schools (we have got 3 children aged 2, 4 and 6.)
Any other suggestions and tips would be much appreciated, we are very settled where we are right now and I am dreading to have to uproot our family and leave good friends and relatives behind to be honest even though I have always felt quite adventurous and this is not our first move within the UK. Thanks so much in advance for your replies!

5madthings Fri 05-Oct-12 17:37:24

Hello smile i live in norwich. Lots of norwich/norfolk mnetters! We have a fb group if you want to ask about areas etc?

Pm me and i can add you.

5kids here, 13, 10, 7, 4 and 21mths. there are some nice schools and its a nice atea for children. Am also in a fb group that is activities/places to/things to do with children in norfolk and can add you to that group.

When will you be moving? We meet up, have meals out etc am sure there will be someone local ish smile

Zaubermaus Fri 05-Oct-12 19:57:55

Thanks again! Have replied to your message and found you on fb!

5madthings Fri 05-Oct-12 20:16:48

have accepted and added you to groups smile

picc Thu 01-Nov-12 14:48:13

I'll PM you.

picc Thu 01-Nov-12 14:54:11

Hi,
I've tried to send you a PM but it doesn't work.
Could you PM me?
We're a German/English family living in Norwich, and are friends with many German/English families in Norwich.

atomicyoghurt Sun 27-Jan-13 22:04:01

Hi also looking to move to Norwich area in the Summer due to husband with a new job. ALSO have 3 children age 2, 3.5, and 5! Can I join your fb group too as I have absolutely no clue about Norfolk and no clue where to move to!

lljkk Sun 14-Apr-13 19:12:39

. Old thread but I know some of these towns and you can pm me if helpful.

Beckytee Thu 27-Jun-13 00:50:37

hi Zaubermaus!
My husband is German and we have two girls (7 and 4.5) and a boy (1). I'm guessing you will have decided on a place to live by now .... But if you find yourself in the south- west norwich area and fancy some German- speaking company, get in touch! (We are in Mulbarton, lovely village not far from Wymondham). Or I could probably put you in touch with German families nearer to where you live if not - there are lots in the area!

LaceyMae Sun 26-Jan-14 20:47:32

Hi all,

I'm new to this site and came across this thread. I'm also a German mummy to a 3 year old boy and I've lived in the UK for 4 years. I love live living here, but I sometimes miss speaking german and I'd love my little dude to make some german speaking friends, too smile.

Ich würde mich freuen von euch zu hören!

Jettsett Tue 28-Jan-14 21:42:55

Hi LaceyMae

I am also a half german mum who has recently moved to Norwich. I have a 5.5month old baby but would like him to hear/learn German. I need a few more weeks to settle down but would be great to meet up in a few weeks!

Welcome to mumsnet!

LaceyMae Wed 29-Jan-14 21:07:26

Hiya,

thought I'd drop you a message on here smile.
Thanks for the warm welcome on mumsnet! And a belated congrats on the birth of your little one, how are you finding motherhood so far?

If you prefer we can speak german, just let me know. I'm quite amazed how many Germans there are about in Norwich, I've never met any! Where abouts in Norwich are you and where have you moved from?

Hope to hear from you soon,
Rebecca

LaceyMae Wed 29-Jan-14 21:09:16

You can tell I'm new to this site, the previous post was supposed to be a private message grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now