Local Talk

Moving to Norwich: Mulbarton or Taverham, any thoughts?

(5 Posts)
atomicyoghurt Mon 11-Mar-13 22:15:14

Hello all, I'm going to be moving to Norwich as soon as I can sell my house in Surrey, and at the moment I'm looking at either Mulbarton or Taverham. I'm got three girls: 5, 3, and 2. Is anyone out there from either of these places that can give me the good, bad and ugly reviews?!
Also, I'll be pretty desperate for friends on arrival as I know NO-ONE in Norfolk!

atomicyoghurt Mon 11-Mar-13 22:15:42

I've. pesky spellcheck.

nutella81 Tue 12-Mar-13 20:24:45

Hiya, I live in Mulbarton and love it. It's a beautiful medium sized village, surrounded by countryside with all of the services you need, as well as a pretty common and duck pond (perfect for getting rid of old bread and amusing children!!). There is also quite a high proportion of young families, so lots of potential friends and its super easy to get into Norwich (my commute to work in centre was just over 20 mins in rush hour!). Taverham is also nice, but it's more of a suburb of Norwich and the road into town is notoriously busy/slow! In terms of house for your buck, Mulbarton is probably a bit more expensive (but deffo worth it in my opinion) x

Another vote here for Mulbarton. I am slightly biased as was born here, moved away for a bit then came back with my family. It's a very friendly village with a plenty of green spaces, baby/toddler groups, shops and a farm shop. The commute for us to Wymondham is a doddle, and it's also easy for commuting into Norwich. House prices are higher on the Mulberry Gardens Development than in other areas of the village, but it is very popular with young famillies. The infant School for the first time this September is over-subscribed due to the sheer volume of families moving into the village.

Lia555 Fri 20-Sep-13 14:04:37

Hi

I'd go for taverham, drayton, thorpe marriott. I've move to the area and like it lots of good schools, shops, good transport to city, off road cycle path, lots of parks and baby/ toddler groups smile if u ended up in my area let me kno smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now