Local Talk

Nurseries in West Bridgford

(8 Posts)
Tomthumb55 Sat 09-Jul-11 19:23:40

Hi everyone. I'm soon to be moving to West Bridgford and as I'm a teacher I'm hoping to send my LO to nursery during the week but only during school term times. Does any body know of any nurseries in this area that provide this flexibility?

Thanks

defineme Sat 09-Jul-11 20:06:37

I know two teachers who use the Whitehouse nursery in the centre of west bridgford, but I think they pay retainers over the summer as do my teacher friends who use childminders here.
Hope you find something. smile

Tomthumb55 Sat 09-Jul-11 20:10:37

Oh, thanks defineme - I'll take a look x

Hebrewlass Wed 13-Jul-11 00:26:52

Hi , I don't know if this will help, but Wboosc ( The Playroom) have an outstanding Ofsted report .... However we have just removed our child from there ( little one had been in there a year ). Management deal with bullying and aggressive behaviour ineffectively. A lot of standard practice employed in other nurseries to manage difficult behaviours, they just didn't seem to want to employ and they had unusual ideas of what is ' common' childhood behaviour.
Our HV recommended Scotts Wood and The Childrens Corner above The White House. They all have websites though so have a peek. x

Hi might be a bit late now but ALphabet house,on Adbolton lane in the lady bay area is excellent and do term time only places to.

mykidsaregr8 Mon 10-Oct-11 06:19:36

My kids have been through both The Playroom and WBOOSC. Found both extremely flexible and helpful. Disagree with comments about behaviour management as they are exceptional. Have excellent policies and procedures and give children 1:1 support when they need it. Best of all they help the families too which is very reassuring when your child is either the attacker or the attacked. Great management and the owner has lots to do with the day to day running of the childcare which in my eyes is second to none. The kids club is a great extention to nursery life when children go to school and has enabled my children develop long and lasting relationships. Well done WBOOSC!

NannyPlumIsMyMum Sun 23-Sep-12 22:39:33

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Squigglywiggly Wed 10-Oct-12 13:57:41

My dd goes to Scott's wood and absolutely loves it. They don't appear to be that good at the paperwork side but my daughter being happy is our main priority. Don't think they do term only though unfortunately - but you can always enquire.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now