Local Talk

We're moving to Stapleford.

(5 Posts)
LadySybilDeChocolate Thu 03-May-12 16:32:34

It's just ds(13) and I. I'd like him to make some friends and I'm just wondering where I can send him? He likes to read and play Warhammer. He's being assessed for dyspraxia and he finds sport very difficult. I don't know anyone there so can I come to your meet ups? smile

LadySybilDeChocolate Sun 06-May-12 19:04:37

Bump smile

Rosieres Fri 25-May-12 21:09:22

While I don't live in Nottinghamshire, and don't know the area well, I do know that Nottingham is the capital of the wargaming world. If he is in to Warhammer then take him on a trip to Warhammer World, which is the part of the Games Workshop HQ open to the public. It's in Lenton, a quick search on google should find it, and it's free to go in. They have a Games Workshop shop in there, a big hall for people to wargame in (often with events put on in the school holidays for youngsters to go to for a fee and do things like learn painting and modelling), and a small museum with lots of professionally painted warhammer figures. If he likes Warhammer he will love Warhammer World.

Babylon1 Fri 25-May-12 21:12:40

Hi there, I'm just down the road from you and know Stapleford quite well.

You've got a few lovely towns around you, sandiacre and long eaton, and of course Nottingham, and derby is only a 20 minute bus ride away.

My DCs are quite a lot younger than your DS, but if you need anything, do shout up and if I can help, I will smile

Have you got school sorted for DS? I'm guessing it may be Friesland?

LadySybilDeChocolate Fri 25-May-12 21:51:31

smile He's at the High School. We needed to move closer for numerous reasons and the new house is lovely. He'll love Warhammer world, I'd like him to have some other hobbies though.

Thank you. I could do with finding someway of meeting new people, is there a cake club or something? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now