Local Talk

schools

(4 Posts)
JaneBakLiv Sun 01-Jul-12 16:49:35

We are currently looking to move house within nottingham. Our son is only 4 months old but we want to make sure we move into the catchment area of a good primary and secondary school. I work in Derby so we need to be within easy reach of the a52 and we were thinking of the wollaton/chillwell/beeston/wilford areas. Could anyone say which are the best schools? I've heard Fernwood is good. Also wilford c of e but I'm a bit concerned about the secondary school option in wilford the Emmanuel school?

Poppylovescheese Wed 11-Jul-12 13:42:43

Fenwood is very good. I have worked at Emmanuel and would NOT recommend it at all. I think George Spencer and The Long Eaton School are very good too and within the right area.

rosma Sun 03-Feb-13 22:50:58

Wilford cof e is an outstanding school, i think Bechet is one of the secondary schools nearby and it's equally very good.

Spreewaldpickles Thu 07-Feb-13 15:53:07

Long Eaton School has not done very well in the latest tables released last week. As your DS is so young there could be a lot of changes, schools do go up and down.

I think look at the areas primary schools mainly. Beeston is quite nice but depending on what type of house you can afford be careful you don't end up living next door to students.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now