Anywhere child friendly in Long Eaton?

(7 Posts)
MovingArea Tue 10-May-16 19:20:39

I'm looking at transferring with work to East Midlands airport and I'm looking at areas we could move to that would be good for work but also to be close to family (in Nottingham) - which is the reason why we're moving area. Long Eaton ticks a lot of boxes, but in the short time I had to walk around town center last week, it seemed to cater for an older audience. Does anyone know Long Eaton? Would you say it's a good place to live with kids? Are there any places in town or within a short drive that you'd recommend with young kids? I'm particularly thinking child-friendly cafes etc. as my son will be starting school next year so I don't need baby-groups etc.
Thanks in advance.

Badders123 Tue 10-May-16 19:22:19

I think it's a dump.

Badders123 Tue 10-May-16 19:22:45

Maybe look at breaston?

Silenenutans Thu 12-May-16 13:12:16

Don't know Long Eaton well but the Beeston-Bramcote-Chilwell area is really good. Some good schools, lots of children's activities. Nice cafes - Beeston-Chilwell is looking much livelier since the tram works finished.

You have Attenborough, Lakeside and University Park nearby, as well as good access to Leics and Derbs. Quicker access into Nottingham centre too.

APeppa Tue 17-May-16 21:01:41

I live in Long Eaton. Wouldn't say it was a dump, some bits are nicer than others. OP there are plenty of cafes in the town, there is West park with a cafe open in the summer months and a leisure centre. Train 10 minutes into Derby and 15 minutes into Nottingham. Attenborough isn't too far and there's a lovely nature reserve there. Long Eaton isn't the most "happening" place but we find enough to do.

defineme Thu 19-May-16 19:00:57

I live in West Bridgford and the Skylink express bus goes from here and then via Clifton to the airport. Tons to do for kids and good schools in West Bridgford but house prices to match.There is also a skylink service through QMC/Beeston/long Eaton so plenty of options.

MiaowTheCat Thu 16-Jun-16 23:15:34

I'm fairly near there - find plenty enough to do with two older preschoolers. The town centre doesn't really sell it much (suffers from the typical problems town centres have these days - chain stores and charity shops and bookies) but it's friendly enough, lots of parks and soft plays and activities nearby (mine do dancing and gymnastics at local clubs).

Bit soggy today though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now