night out anyone???

(28 Posts)
rachyrach10 Sat 14-May-16 18:29:37

Hiya, Would love to arrange a mum's night out soon if anyone is interested? Please leave a message on here. Thanks! :-)

LocalEditorNottingham Mon 16-May-16 19:50:14

Awesome idea! When abouts were you thinking? smile

rachyrach10 Tue 17-May-16 18:41:27

Hiya, Nottingham or Derby. Would be great to have a night of laughs, Chat & drinks! I'm hoping to arrange one soon so let's spread the word! Haha. :-)

Knakard Wed 18-May-16 14:46:29

I'm really up for a meet up if one happens in Nottingham smile

Carikube Wed 18-May-16 15:58:50

Would definitely be up for it if it was in Nottingham

HappyKite Wed 18-May-16 16:01:31

This has shown up in my main Mumsnet feed, on active convos. I didn't know it did that.
I would be potentially up for a night out, but I need to make it clear that I am 1. old 2. boring.grin But if that doesn't put anyone off, then great.

MaidMarianAndHerMerryMen Wed 18-May-16 19:25:01

HappyKite - haha, I'm old & boring too!! A meet up sounds good though... cake wine brew

I'm in Mansfield but will happily travel, I never go out! I'm oldish and boring too grin Have missed the daytime meetups as I work ft and they've never been on my day off so this would be great smile

rachyrach10 Thu 19-May-16 09:42:43

Hey ladies! Thanks for the messages. Hopefully we can now arrange a fab night out in Nottingham! Also someone mentioned Mansfield which is a great night out too so happy to arrange one there next time. I'm thinking Sat 28th May, Meeting up from 7.30pm outside Yates bar in market square.

rachyrach10 Thu 19-May-16 09:46:50

P.S. All old & boring females are welcome on this fab night out!!! Lol :-)

HappyKite Thu 19-May-16 10:03:48

That's a BH weekend rachy, I think I can make it, but it maybe difficult for some?
Glad I'm not the only old-ish and boring-ish one. grin

LocalEditorNottingham Thu 19-May-16 10:13:42

Ah, I definitely qualify as old(er than I was) and, well, I spend my evenings administering a website, so draw your own conclusions about my social life!

Can't do that date unfortunately but would be up for something in July or August. So maybe after this one, we could think about doing something in the summer?

I messaged the people who've joined the 'Nottingham Centre meet-up group' and haven't seen any obvious response. Most people joined that a while ago though and circumstances change. We had a rush of enthusiasm last year, did a couple of daytime meet-ups, a picnic, talked about an evening, then lost impetus a bit.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling again Rachyrach10 flowers

rachyrach10 Thu 19-May-16 11:19:25

Hi again, Forgot it's bank holiday!!! Could make it Sat 11th June instead. Meeting up from 7.30pm at Yates bar. It gives everyone a chance to sort out babysitters etc! Also we can get more females involved before hopefully! Would be great to make it a monthly thing after that. :-)

rachyrach10 Thu 19-May-16 11:24:32

P.S. If you know of any other females on here or who you know in general who might fancy a fab night out let them know as more the merrier! :-)

June would be better for me too, I'm in Cyprus at the moment so would struggle to organise something that soon (dh works late and no family nearby). I like the idea of something in the summer too smile

rachyrach10 Thu 19-May-16 16:17:04

Hi again, That's great hope you can make the 11th June. We will have to arrange a night out in Mansfield one time too as its a good night out & I know it well. Enjoy Cyprus lucky tthing!!! Haha. :-)

Carikube Thu 19-May-16 18:37:45

Should hopefully be able to make it

rachyrach10 Thu 19-May-16 19:57:41

That's great. Just hope I'm not the only one standing outside Yates that night!!! Haha:-)

PuppyMonkey Fri 20-May-16 16:57:10

You had me until you mentioned Yates' grin

rachyrach10 Fri 20-May-16 17:11:51

That's the meeting up point as its easy for people to get to & to find in town.:-)

PuppyMonkey Fri 20-May-16 17:35:20

Should be the Left Lion really.

Have fun all - I'm far too old to go out drinking these days anyway. grin

I've no idea where Yates is its years since I went out in Nottingham other than to restaurants! I'm normally more of an out of town type grin

PuppyMonkey Sat 21-May-16 16:47:00

Englishgirl, Yates is still exactly where it has been for about 70 years (unfortunately grin)

rachyrach10 Mon 23-May-16 10:46:45

Hi everyone, I've just joined a social group which organise nights out etc so I've decided to cancel the one I've arranged on here & just go with their plans. Much easier too! Haha. If anyone wants the details for it let me know. Thanks.

LocalEditorNottingham Tue 24-May-16 10:02:54

Thanks for trying rachyrach10 and it's great to see there is some potential interest from others.

If anyone would like to pick up the baton and propose a venue, that might work out well?

Personally, I'm not really available in June but am around in July and August and would be really happy to join in with something, if others are keen enough to instigate plans.

We did discuss some day and evening venues last year (the threads are down the board). Places like Broadway and Edin's seemed to work as possible evening venues - relaxed, possible to sit and chat and for people to have drinks only, or food too, as they wish on the night. Depends what sort of night out interests people wine

Over to you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now