Buy in Gamston or more central West Bridgford

(5 Posts)
Shamaz Fri 27-May-16 21:17:49

Hi, I am lookup buy a house in West Bridgeford. I have seen 2 that I like, one is just off Melton Road. The other is in Gamston. Is Gamston a nice, convenient place to live please?

MrsBungle Fri 27-May-16 21:55:19

Personally I would much prefer to live in Bridgford. Gamston is really just a large housing estate with a morrisons. Melton road is much more central for walking in to central avenue. That's just my personal preference though.

icklekid Sat 28-May-16 04:31:25

Whilst I live in Bridgford, Gamston is a lovely place to live there is nothing 'wrong' with it! Depending where in Gamston you can still easily walk into Bridgford often along the canal which is beautiful. From Melton road you are more conveniently located however that is reflected in the price. Being able to walk into Bridgford was important to us but might not be for you! The previous poster is correctin that Gamston is just a big housing estate but often can get a detached for same money as a semi in Bridgford!

If primary schools is of interest its worth noting the main one in Gamston is a church school incase that isn't sonething you would want. There are obviously others- Edwalton or Abbey Road however because of numbers most people have to go with catchment school (and even then dont always get in if West Bridgford infants!) However all schools are good it was more the church link for Gamston.

Shamaz Sat 28-May-16 08:15:37

Thanks! That's what I suspected about Gamston. It's in Gamston village actually. I've heard Gamston being g recommended as a good place but I'm not getting the appeal. I mean, it's nice enough but I like being more central.

Plenty to like about Gamston. Definitely the preferable of W.Bridgford's big estates. Good primary school, several playgrounds, a pub with a soft play area. However, it is essentially just a big housing estate. We are in central Bridgford and it is handy being able to pop to Central Ave in less than 5 minutes.

Lady Bay might be a good compromise. Prices still marginally lower than central Bridgford and it has a definite villagey feel to it. Not far to walk to the centre of Bridgford either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now