Win Splendour Tickets feat. Jess Glynne, The Human League & Many More

(30 Posts)
LocalEditorNottingham Wed 01-Jun-16 18:09:43

Grammy award winner Jess Glynne and legendary bands The Human League and UB40 headline Splendour in the picturesque setting of Wollaton Park, Nottingham on 23rd July - and we've got one family of four ticket to give away.

Flamboyant rockers The Darkness, chart topper Jamie Lawson, The Fratellis, The Rifles, Turin Brakes and local rising star Ady Suleiman and many more will be playing across three stages.

With children 10 and under getting in free, Splendour promises a great family summer day out with plenty to enjoy including the free kids' area with hands-on activities and entertainment taking place throughout the day. Across the park, local fringe talent and a full line up on the comedy stage add to the festival vibe.

Tickets for Splendour start at £20 for 11-17-year-olds and £35 for adults with a citycard. Adult standard entry tickets are priced at £45 each. Children 10 and under go free. Available from

To be in with a chance to win, just post in the thread below by Saturday 2 July to tell us which Splendour 2016 act you’re most excited about seeing.

To get the latest line-up announcements and festival updates go to or like or follow

Terms and Conditions:
Prize is a family of four entry; 2 x adult and 2 x 11-17. The tickets are for Saturday 23rd July 2016. Prize must be used at Splendour Festival 2016 and cannot be postponed to next year.

FishTailPlait Wed 01-Jun-16 18:14:02

Would love to dance to Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis with my family!

My 11 year old would love to see Jess Glynne & would be word perfect singing along!

5gocamping Wed 01-Jun-16 19:46:42

Oh wow! UB40 for me, Fratellis for dh and Jess Glynne for my dd and friend most definitely. We've never been to Splendour, would love the chance to go star

Ratbagcatbag Wed 01-Jun-16 20:30:06

Jess Glynn all the way with some darkness thrown in for good measure. smile
This would be awesome.

icklekid Thu 02-Jun-16 06:02:21

I'm going to go with The Fratellis they would be amazing live (and secretly the Darkness for a proper singalong but don't tell dh!)

birdhouseinmysoul Fri 10-Jun-16 14:33:31

How exciting! Jess Glynne and The Human League (showing my age there!)

charliesantix Fri 10-Jun-16 14:45:49

the darkness......pomp rock at its most silly!

neura Sat 11-Jun-16 05:28:11

Jess Glynne and Jamie Lawson, watching their live show will make the best family summer day out

Rowlers Sat 11-Jun-16 07:53:11

Despite living in Nottingham for a long, long time, we've never been to Splendour. We haven't been attracted by the bands playing. This year though, I'd love to see lots of them! Mainly The Human a League if I'm honest, being an 80's girl through and through. DD is 12 and really likes Jess Glynne and 8 year old DS knows every word (ahem) to Chelsea Dagger so we'd all be happy bunnies!!
Good luck everyone.

Cymbals Sat 11-Jun-16 21:09:51

Jess Glynne for my daughter.

It's got to be The Darkness - just for the falsetto singalong! I might even find a cerise silk shirt, lace gloves and have my hair in an asymmetric Bob for the human league grin

CastleCave Sun 12-Jun-16 07:09:38

Human League for me and Jess Glyne for DD I think. I'm sure everyone would enjoy The Darkness.

MrsBungle Sun 12-Jun-16 11:53:24

The fratellis for us! Dd would love to see Jess Glynn.

WiggleGinger Sun 12-Jun-16 21:42:39

I'd love to see Jess! She's reignited my love for my own red curls!!! Her voice is stunning too! How exciting

campingKate Mon 13-Jun-16 18:45:29

I'd love to see UB40

Carriemac Tue 14-Jun-16 08:52:12

Jess Glynne for DH and the human league for me!

NottsJules Tue 14-Jun-16 15:09:44

I would love to see Turin Brakes, my 4 year old DD is obsessed with Jess Glynne!

RattyRatcliffe Mon 20-Jun-16 21:26:03

Jess Glynn for me and kids.
Darkness for hubby

Marina14 Tue 21-Jun-16 14:22:26

Jess Glynne, my partner would be ectastic and it would be a great birthday present! grin

PuppyMonkey Tue 21-Jun-16 14:44:57

Human League, Human League, Human League.

Did I mention it's Human League I'm interested in? grin

NettieKn1964 Tue 21-Jun-16 19:10:09

Would love to see the Human League as they remind me of my youth! ...however my teenager would be more into Jess Glynne ...fab prize!

MaidMarianAndHerMerryMen Wed 22-Jun-16 14:03:11

Ooh...the Darkness, the Fratellis & the Human League I think...

Paxosbeauty1 Thu 23-Jun-16 08:28:22

I would love to see Jamie Lawson & Jess Glynne for my 4 year old DD. Hubbie unavailable that day would be fantastic to take my daughter out for the day!

Rosielee313 Sat 25-Jun-16 18:20:45

My daughter loves Jess Glynn but we were unable to get tickets to see her. She would love to see her in person and at our favourite place to visit as a family Wollaton Park already holds so many memories it would be great to make more.

heppy1301 Thu 30-Jun-16 10:18:10

I would love to see UB40 with the whole family.. It would be our first experience ever to see a festival like this since we just came to the country a few months ago smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now