West bridgford or Rushcliffe secondary?

(5 Posts)
Shamaz Sat 18-Jun-16 18:46:56

Hi, I am looking to buy a house and we like 2 houses but they are under different catchments for secondary. If you had to chose which one would you pick please and why? Thanks!

Knakard Sat 18-Jun-16 20:40:15

Rush life has a far better nurturing reputation based on the parents i speak to. Dh is a teacher and was offered a position at wbf but really didn't like the feel of the school and said the slt felt very authoritarian. I have several friend with kids at rushcliffe and they are all very happy with it. Hth

Shamaz Sat 18-Jun-16 21:50:43

Thanks! That helps.

Shamaz Sat 18-Jun-16 22:11:42

That was what I thought, but that was just based on gut feel. And I have heard so much about West Bridgford secondary that I was wondering if I was wrong.

defineme Sun 19-Jun-16 16:16:32

Rushcliffe has certainly nurtured my dc and their different strengths, it also has a better rep for sn. However, they are both outstanding schools with excellent reputations where the vast majority of kids are successful and happy, though that's not to say they're immune to the problems all large secondaries have. West Bridgford is a lovely place to live smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now