Nice areas with cafe culture and good shops

(6 Posts)
clairehills Fri 29-Jul-16 23:38:50

Moving to West Bridgford with the family but i don't know the surrounding area very well. Can anyone recommend places to visit within 45 minutes of a weekend that we can go for coffee/shopping in independent boutiques etc. I already have Stamford on the list but keen to know about Derby area etc ☺☺☺

ng14 Sat 30-Jul-16 06:56:41

Hi,
Newark and Southwell are nice to visit for coffee and a few shops, also Bingham is nearby. Can't help with Derby area I'm afraid!

Mendeleyev Sat 30-Jul-16 17:09:28

Derby has nice parts and not so nice parts. The Cathedral Quarter is nice, with independent boutiques and little cafés. The big Intu centre is also quite nice, but the bit just outside it is a bit rundown. We often park at the cathedral (it's quite cheap) if we want the Carhedral Quarter part of town. When the DDs were little we preferred it to Nottingham as it is smaller. HTH

clairehills Sat 30-Jul-16 20:37:54

Thanks Mendeleyev and ng14. Can I get your opinions on West B please ? Do you rate it as a place to live ? Thanks 😆😆

clairehills Sat 30-Jul-16 20:38:45

Thanks Mendeleyev and ng14. Can I get your opinions on West B please ? Do you rate it as a place to live ? Thanks 😆😆

icklekid Sun 31-Jul-16 05:41:26

Was also going to suggest Newark and Southwell. But yes would highly recommend west bridgford and love living there!

Nottingham city centre has some nice independent cafes and shops especially around the lace market/hockley. Otherwise Lincoln is also fab!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now