Local Talk

Just moved to Oxford, looking for hypnobirthing classes or similar

(12 Posts)
mrsgraham Sun 09-Jan-11 12:35:35

Hi there,

My husband and I have just moved to Iffley Village, I am 20 weeks and am interested in doing hypnobirthing but can't seem to find any classes that are actually in Oxford itself. There seem to be plenty in the Oxfordshire but as we don't have a car they would be difficult to get to. Does anyone know of any classes in Oxford that cover hypnobirthing or similar natural birthing techniques? Or is anyone going to be attending any of the hypnobirthing classes around Oxford who might be able to offer us a lift?

Thanks

TarkaLiotta Mon 10-Jan-11 20:19:46

Hi, I don't know of any classes, but I think Nick Smith at Eau de Vie on Cowley Road offers hypnobirthing on a more 1:1 basis: www.eau-de-vie.co.uk/index.asp HTH smile

Saracen Wed 12-Jan-11 06:15:01

You might enjoy Active Birth yoga classes. I did them in both of my pregnancies and found the experience of experimenting with different positions and movements very useful in labour. Not so much that I actually used any specific position I'd practiced, but that I was optimistic that my body could be trusted to know how I needed to move. It helped me to believe in my instincts.

It was also very good to spend regular time with other women who felt positively about their ability to birth their babies: it rubbed off on me!

Kay Millar is the only person I know of who offers these classes in Oxford at the moment, though there may be others.

mrsgraham Wed 12-Jan-11 16:47:53

Thanks for the advice.

TarkaLiotta, I will look into it.

Saracen, I have just started these classes with Kay and they do seem like they might well be helpful - I will see how it goes.

LucyD8 Tue 15-Feb-11 11:10:24

Hi I also live in Iffley Village and have just turned 20 weeks pregnant. Did you manage to find any Hypnobirthing classes locally - I am also looking into these classes and would love to hear any tips.

Thanks
Lucy

ilovefred Mon 21-Feb-11 20:37:37

Hi

Not sure if they still do them, but when I was pregnant 2 years ago and went for a private scan at Beard Mill (brilliant place by the way ...) they had leaflets for hypnobirthing classes held there.

HTH

ashHB Thu 24-Mar-11 19:19:44

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Playoga Wed 16-May-12 09:22:54

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Guin04 Wed 20-Mar-13 14:08:07

CrowmarshGibbon Thu 28-Mar-13 18:08:55

Hi all, it's great that there are so many options for women looking for hypnobirthing classes. I did one myself and it made a huge difference to my experience of labour. However, just to stick to the rules of our new set up here, it would be great if you could create a free listing for your businesses on our directory and then you can link to that from threads, rather than filling the threads up with business info.

You are also welcome to create a free listing on Mumsnet Oxfordshire as well, so mums from outside Oxford can see your listing.

Thanks!

Guin04 Wed 19-Mar-14 11:40:02

Apologies, and thank you for the info.

Mindful Mamma Oxford classes are listed here: local.mumsnet.com/oxford/antenatal-classes/90079-mindful-mamma-mindful-hypnobirthing

LocalEditorOxford Wed 19-Mar-14 18:18:55

Thanks Guin04! Those look great. Hope the info is useful for some of our users

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now