Local Talk

Bicester

(48 Posts)

Are there any mumsnetters in Bicester?

Bump grin

Didn't think so grin think they must all be Huns round these parts.

I'm talking to myself. grin

LtEveDallas Thu 16-Feb-12 10:38:39

Helloooo!

Wooooo! Hello smile grin

LtEveDallas Thu 16-Feb-12 18:22:38

Didn't want you to feel lonely Serotonin! So are you in Bicester or close by?

alemci Thu 16-Feb-12 18:34:21

no but I go there frequently to visit my in laws. Alot of house building going on.

Live here for my sins grin love it though, looking forward to all the development to be finished so there are more facilities grin

LtEveDallas Thu 16-Feb-12 19:14:12

Hmmm don't know about loving it - but I could improve it 100%
>
>
>
>
Build a second entrance to Bicester village! grin

If we stay DD will be going to the new school - she talks about it a lot but I think she's fed up of waiting.

Oooh Wilkinsons opened today - a bit of excitement in town! I'm keeping away at the moment because of the lack of carpark.

I purposely had an 'open house' for some local mummies to avoid Wilkinsons! You can park directly behind it you know wink

The BV issue should be sorted when Kingsmere is done, I have been asked about attending the academy there but I am sending DS to Brookside grin

Do you happen to live in Bure Park?

alemci Thu 16-Feb-12 21:32:30

sorry I know I am jumping in but my relatives live in Bure Park and it is lovely. wish we had gone to live there in some ways. I remember when the place was being built.

hope you all get to meet up.

So do I! Maybe we can arrange it when you are visiting? grin
Bure Park is lovely, great dog walking and lovely houses - I imagine mumsnetters to live in really lovely houses (Bure Park)

PigeonPie Thu 16-Feb-12 21:39:37

I'm definitely NOT a hun! But am around these parts (just not at the mo as away with my DSs as it's half term).

T'will be great when the new development is completed. Also looking forward to working on the MasterPlan and seeing what the EcoTown can do. If you have a chance go to the Eco House in Garth Park for a tour - I found it very interesting.

I'm part of the Grassroots Bicester thing and we have our meetings in the Eco house! It's so clever. Wish I owned my house to be able to install some Eco bits grin
Which part of Bicester are you in then? I'm in Kings End but the nice bit nearest Greenwood wink

PigeonPie Thu 16-Feb-12 21:47:26

North, not Bure Park but close by! Don't want to out myself too much! I've just signed up for the Grassroots twitter feed to find out more about it.

It's really good, there is a FB page too, for Grassroots and attached projects, and if you are on FB you can search and join Bicester Mummy's (not my spelling!) which is a fab little group! We do meet-ups etc quite a lot grin
Would be pretty good to have a mn meet though, some things don't travel between groups!

LtEveDallas Thu 16-Feb-12 21:55:40

No, not Bure Park, closer to BV than that (which is why I hate the traffic so much - Xmas kills me!)

Being a Bicesterite means avoiding big Tesco at the weekend/half term/holidays of any time.
I do however love Bicester Avenue and can happily spend a whole day pottering round there spending my imaginary millions grin

LtEveDallas Thu 16-Feb-12 22:03:30

Yeah, you're not wrong there. Drives me mad that I have to go all the way to Aylesbury though...grrrr

Banbury Tesco or even Buckingham is good? I like Banbury grin

The word on the street is that the bigger Tesco in England is going on the Kingsmere site and BV will expand into current Tesco site sad

Still, we will get a cinema....

LtEveDallas Thu 16-Feb-12 22:14:38

Oh dear God, I can't imagine that...

I live off the A41 so get caught in traffic no matter what. Even worse now that the Pioneers rent out an overflow carpark. I tend to head for Aylesbury just to get away.

How old is yr DS? I've heard good things about Brookside. DD is at StE's, not bad but not fab.

My DSC go to st e, it's pretty good. I went to Brookside, it's just lovely! My DS is only 21 months, so a bit of time left before I have to really choose. Am in the catchment for all three local schools kings meadow, st e and Brookside, and I guess st Mary's but not catholic! grin how about you?

LtEveDallas Thu 16-Feb-12 22:36:38

We moved here in Jul before DD was starting school in Sep. Local school full to bursting (5 acres) so were given StE. We were happy at first but there def seems to be an attendance prob, and it's pretty bad when the Head writes passive aggressive comments in the Fri newsletter about mums arguing in the playground!

We will be here for a couple of years, but not for good, going to move up to Shrops in 2014.

Ah I see, well that's a shame really! You are up the wrong end of Bicester then really, must be pretty hard work getting about to school etc! Are you military? (not just being nosy, genuinely interested grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now