Local Talk

Single Mum

(10 Posts)
bubbababybearsmum Sat 05-May-12 15:13:41

Hi Guys
I am a first time mum to the most perfect baby boy in the world who is now nearly 9 months. Unfortunately, my husband and I decided to part ways about the 5 month stage and I am now doing this alone. Most of the time it really is absolutely fine but there are the occasional day when it gets a little tough. I was wondering if there are any Mums in a vaguely similar situation who would like to meet up for support/coffee/cake/wine!
Kate

EvaLongoria Sun 06-May-12 17:33:57

Hi Kate

Whereabouts do you live. I am not in the same situation but was before. I have a 2 girls. Age 4 and 13 months. If you live in West Oxfordshire I am happy to meet or even in Oxford. Love taking the bus into Oxford when my 4 year old is in nursery. Send me a message if you want to meet up.
xx

Hi Kate

And I live in Kidlington and am always up for a cuppa. There are a lot of parent and toddler groups around to meet local mums. Incidentally it DOES get easier once they start nursery/school as you get to meet a lot of local mums on a daily basis. You won't feel so alone for long smile

GalaxyAddict Fri 20-Jul-12 00:17:26

I know that I am really late in replying to this thread, but I am a single Mum to a 19 month old. I live in West Oxfordshire but use to live in Kidlington. I would love to meet up with other single Mums.

Mumfortoddler Fri 28-Sep-12 17:03:43

Hello everyone, also late replying to this, me too!! Would love to meet with some other single mums. I live in Cowley and am work full time and it seems impossible to meet mummys!!!

Anna x

jeaux90 Fri 12-Oct-12 10:58:55

Guys,

I am moving to Thame and a single mum who works full time to a 3 year old. My worry was not having a social life so would love to get involved if there are any get togethers!

J
PS relieved to here there are a few of us out there!

ruth39 Tue 13-Nov-12 19:15:10

I am also really late in replying - I too am a single mum to a 10month old boy and split from his dad when he was 5 months. I live in cowley and I work full time and it can get a little lonely at times. I am definitely up for meeting up at weekends if anyone wants to - cake and wine is always good to me!

Ruth

akebia Wed 14-Nov-12 14:20:18

Hello ruth39. Things are a bit slow here at the moment as the local forum was closed for a while during the re-launch of mumsnet local. Hopefully people will start coming back soon. It might be worth pming other posters to get in touch. I hope you can organise a meet up. :-)

1thame Thu 28-Mar-13 19:36:44

Hi,
I'm a single mother, moving to Thame, could anyone please tell me the places to avoid or best areas in the town centre to live? I would like to avoid the dodgy ones... (if they exist)
I've been told it is a lovely town....Also does anyone know if St Josephs primary school is good? Many Thanks.

penguinista Thu 04-Apr-13 10:43:27

Are there any single mums or mums-to-be in the Oxford area who would be interested in meeting up socially?

I'm due in July and would love to meet others in a similar situation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now