Local Talk

faringdon moving

(2 Posts)
natnet Wed 20-Jun-12 18:26:03

Hi if anyone has any thoughts on living in faringdon... or maybe living on folly park view... would be a great help. We are looking at a wide area from Wantage to Newbury on the A34??

lozwp Thu 19-Jul-12 14:44:48

Hi...I think I have just privately messaged you about Wantage lol.

I have just accepted a job in Faringdon. I don't know much about the place to be honest, but we have just been to see 2 nurseries there. One of them, imo, wasn't very nice, but the other was amazing: lovely atmosphere, very flexible for hours, very reasonable price and did pick ups from local schools for after-care. Definitely the best nursery I have ever come across and I have just filled out a form for my littlest to go there in September.

We drove through the town and stopped for a coffee. It seemed quite quiet, but it was 4pm on a weekday afternoon to be fair, but it had quite a nice feel to it. I noticed it had a tourist information centre which might be worth contacting?

If you want to compare it to Wantage, from the little I know about them, I would say Faringdon is a lot smaller and quieter.

Hope that very little bit of information helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now