Local Talk

Nice, trustworthy mechanic oxford??

(9 Posts)
GemmaLangley Sun 26-Aug-12 22:26:23

Hi my S reg peugeot estate has just come back from mot with a quote of £450 to get through. Not sure if I'm being ripped off. Obviously at this price she's off to the scrappy in the sky! Anybody know of a decent garage where I could get a second trustworthy quote please?? Or failing that... a diesel estate or people carrier for under a grand?
Many thanks
Gemma

Saracen Mon 27-Aug-12 03:30:22

French and Italian Car Centre, Cowley Road. We took our Citroen there for years and were very happy with the service. They were also good at giving advice on how to fix things ourselves when we wanted to do that.

Purplepandaeyes Thu 30-Aug-12 00:50:06

This may be to late for you, but SJM motors are very good. Honest and will show you the problem part and explain repairs needed. The garage is near shotover.

BillyboyH Mon 03-Sep-12 12:08:09

Hi Gemma. I've used Aladdin for years as here http://www.aladdinoxford.co.uk/ 2A Hayfield Road Jericho, Oxford OX2 6TT 01865 553 756. They are a spot on family business at the end of Walton Street...

BillyboyH Mon 03-Sep-12 12:08:48

Hi Gemma. I've used Aladdin for years as here http://www.aladdinoxford.co.uk/ 2A Hayfield Road Jericho, Oxford OX2 6TT 01865 553 756. They are a spot on family business at the end of Walton Street...

newyearnewattitude Tue 04-Sep-12 16:50:35

I would really recommend these guys, never had a problem and are very friendly

www.crescentroadgarage.co.uk/

InvaderZim Fri 07-Sep-12 22:13:12

I also use SJM, they're kind of out of the way on the approach to Shotover Park, but I've been using them for four years and they've always been prompt and honest.

blessedmother Thu 27-Sep-12 23:16:43

Crescent road garage is OK. We used them a couple of times. We now use TJ Hall and sons at Sandford. Very honest - once RAC chap was pushing to go to their own garage, but I insisted on this one - there was nothing major wrong with the car and I was charged only for the service that I requested.

GemmaLangley Fri 28-Sep-12 12:22:07

Thank you very much for all your posts. After a lot of enquiries my poor car has gone to the scrappy in the sky but will definitely use Aladdin for my next one. Many thanks Gemma

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now