Local Talk

Hello... introducing...

(13 Posts)
akebia Fri 09-Nov-12 13:58:01

Hello. Local talk is back up after a longer than anticipated break whilst Mumsnet local moved across to the new look sites.
It's great to be back, and it would be lovely to meet you all (on-line for the moment, and hopefully in person at some point).
I'm the new Local Editor for Mumsnet Oxford. I have two children aged 6 and 3 and I live in East Oxford.
At the moment I'm trying to get word out about Mumsnet Oxford and encourage businesses, organisations and individuals to use it so we can all keep up with what's happening in Oxford. It would be great if you could let your friends and contacts know about this great resource. I'd also love to know what you think about the site.
I'm on the lookout for local ambassadors to arrange meet-ups of local Mumsnetters. If this sounds like something you'd be interested in doing then please pm me.
Please introduce yourselves here! I'm looking forward to meeting you!

pregnantinoxford Mon 12-Nov-12 19:53:25

Hi - I've checked out the site, I'd really welcome a meet up group East Oxford preferably but I'm also prepared to go a bit further. Sadly, I don't have time to organise, but you can count on me to attend! I've not found much happening so far - a group to support breastfeeding, another to help with slings (I think). I'm pregnant (first time & first trimester) still very early but look forward to a group with other future mums...

akebia Mon 12-Nov-12 22:37:02

Hello pregnantinoxford. Nice to meet you and congratulations on your pregnancy!
I think East Oxford is a great place to be with little ones and I'm sure you'll soon find lots of groups to go to nearby. I found antenatal classes like pregnancy yoga, aquanatal etc. really good for meeting other expectant mothers. There's also a new NCT group in town which you might be interested in as you can go whilst pregnant:
http://www.nct.org.uk/branches/oxford/events/bumps-and-babies
Is anyone else interested in an East Oxford meet up? I can organise something to get us started...

raggiedoll Tue 13-Nov-12 22:11:39

Hello! I'm in E Oxford too, with a very nearly three year old and a newborn. Be happy to come to a meet up but again, not got a lot of time to organise at the moment, though I'd be happy to help in future.

Congratulations pregnantinoxford. I really enjoyed going to aquanatal classes at Temple Cowley pool while I was pregnant - run by a midwife with time for tea, biccies and questions/discussion/chat afterwards. I felt the benefit of the exercise, appreciated the discussions and also met some great people too.

akebia Wed 14-Nov-12 14:10:13

Hello raggiedoll, Congratulations on your new baby.
Will wait a few more days to see if anyone else comes along and then we could arrange a meet-up. Mondays and Fridays are usually good for me.

akebia Mon 26-Nov-12 21:51:07

Hello raggiedoll and pregnantinoxford. It's been very quiet here! Shall we arrange a date that's convenient for us to meet up and post it on the local site? Perhaps some others will join us. Which days/times are good for you?

badelko Fri 30-Nov-12 12:15:12

Hi there,
I'm in east oxford, expecting my first baby in april, and would love to join a meet up as im fairly new to the area so would love to meet some people.

headingtonmumtobe Tue 04-Dec-12 22:28:01

Hello,

I live in Headington and am expecting my first baby at the beginning of May. I'd be interested in meeting up...

easty2 Thu 06-Dec-12 16:54:56

Im moving to Headington in a few weeks with a 2 1/2 yr old and baby and would be keen to join in a meet up in the new year!

akebia Thu 06-Dec-12 20:45:11

It's great that there's so many mum's to be meeting up here. Hello badelko, headingtonmumtobe and easty2. Congrats on the pregnancies! How are you feeling?
I am getting that closing in feeling that I always get near Christmas - so much to squash into not enough time! Aaaah. Shall we meet up in the New year when we need something to cheer us up? A coffee at Restore Cafe is always nice, and it's handy for Manzil Way playground if the children want to play afterwards.
I could do Monday 7th January or Wednesday 9th at 10am.
Would this work for any of you?

ruth39 Fri 28-Dec-12 20:26:38

I live in cowley and am a single mum to a 11 month old - I would like to meet other (single) mums but work full time so it would need to be at the weekend - if anyone is interested in meeting for a coffee or something in the new year, let me know

KBG2013 Sun 06-Jan-13 23:18:00

Hi, I live in St Clements and have been living in Oxford with my fiancée for about 7 months. I am due at the end of April and would love to meet any new mums or mums to be in the local area. I work full time and am not home from work until 7pm most evenings so a weekend meet up would be great.

Thanks.

pregnantinoxford Sun 13-Jan-13 21:51:56

Hi everyone, I haven't been on this website since I posted back in ... November! Akebia - thanks for your pm and thanks for reviving this! I'd be more than happy to meet in East Oxford soon (sorry I missed the 26th of Nov & 7th / 9th Jan suggestions!). I'll keep my eyes open - and here - from now!

Maybe we could plan something for the first weekend in Feb?

I will also try to make it to the Headington coffee on the 27th!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now