Local Talk

Good places to bf privately in central Oxford?

(4 Posts)
StepQuick Sun 02-Dec-12 19:55:26

One of my friends is meeting me for lunch next week in town. Her DS is only 7 weeks and she's been having trouble with long feeds/oversupply and him choking/struggling to latch, all meaning she's not comfortable yet feeding in public.

She thought the Boots baby room had gone - does anyone know if this is true? And does anywhere else have good, private spaces to feed?

Many thanks!

Zimbolino Sun 02-Dec-12 20:07:33

There's a semi-private room in M&S but it's also the nappy change. In fact, I can't remember if there's a chair in there. Not very helpful, I know.

I never found anywhere truly private to feed in Oxford. The best I found was a table at the Morton's in New Inn Hall St which was tucked behind some pillars. alternately, there's Rainbow House, at the church on New Inn Hall St which is on Weds, Thurs, and Fri for a few hours midday. All parents with loads of toddlers running around and no one would bat an eyelid at a noisy baby feeding. smile

StepQuick Sun 02-Dec-12 20:24:43

Thanks - I'll let her know about those! My youngest is 2.5 and I can't remember where I used to go tbh.

We're meeting in Malmaison (get us! - tis my birthday though) so I might ask them if there's somewhere more private there she can go if needs be.

akebia Mon 03-Dec-12 23:02:12

I'd second Rainbow House. A great place to dive into with a hungry baby.
My youngest is three and I was pretty unselfconscious by the time she came along so it's hard to remember. I think that upstairs at pret a manger there are some tucked away corners... No guarantee of a seat though.
I wonder if the library might have a corner to hide in?
But hey, hopefully you'll find somewhere a bit more luxurious in Malmaison!
Have a fun day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now