Local Talk

child-friendly gyms in Oxford?

(2 Posts)
suzyjetfighter Wed 26-Dec-12 21:34:17

I've been in Oxford for a year and haven't yet signed up to a gym. As it's just me and DD during the week I'm looking for a gym that offers kids programs or clubs so I can bring DD when I want to attend a class or workout. I would also like to go swimming with her but would, equally, like my own workout time! I've gained a stone in the last year so things are getting desperate!

I live in East Oxford so am familiar with David Lloyds and know the Virgin gym in Summertown etc. I know I can go to these places to investigate but would rather find out which ones have good children's programs from mumsnetters to avoid the 'hard sell' I might get when I visit. I'm happy to pay a premium since even 50 pounds/month in gym membership is less than the cost of a babysitter for 6 hours (my babysitter is 8 pounds/hour!)

Any advice would be appreciated.

ruth39 Fri 28-Dec-12 20:32:15

I used the Blackbird leys gym and classes when I was on maternity leave. If you become a member which is about £43 per month (I think) the creche is free and open for 3 hours every morning, otherwise I think it is £2 per hour. I am looking for somthing that I can use in the evenings or weekends as I work full time, so if anyone has info on a gym that offers this it would be greatly appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now