Local Talk

I'm a new mum, get me a hairdresser!

(6 Posts)
raggiedoll Tue 16-Apr-13 20:10:37

Ok, so not even that new any more - dd2 is 6mths blush

Last hairdresser closed on me so looking for a new one in E Oxford or central. Looking for good reocmmendations for hairdrssers that are a) good! b) friendly, c)not too £££, though I'm not expecting the impossible on that front and, most importantly, d) not TOO judgemental grin.

Can anyone help?

Has anyone tried Anne Veck?

OxfordToLondoner Tue 16-Apr-13 21:47:41

I have a really fantastic hairdresser, who comes to my home. He works in one of the leading salon's in Oxford, but also does private work in evenings and on Fridays/Saturdays. He charges £40 (but in the salon costs twice that).

He's got all sorts of private clients from TV personalities, to lots of friends in modest East Oxford abodes.

And he's got a small baby so isn't judgemental!

He doesn't do colour though (though i know someone else who does who also comes to your home).

If you want his details, feel free to private message me.

LeapingLizard Mon 22-Apr-13 07:49:32

Anne Veck is good but expensive. I used to take the kids there when they did cheap kids' cuts and they did a great job, but I couldn't afford it for me!

Now I go to The Cutting Bar in Templar's Square. Totally non-judgemental, quite cheap (I think I pay £13.50 IIRC), and could be good if you have a baby because of the no-appointments system. I rarely have to wait more than a few minutes. So I go have a mooch round the charity shops and then if my child is in a good mood I dive in for a quick cut. And it is pretty quick because they don't shampoo you unless you ask specially. If she happens to be fussing then I don't go that day but leave it for another time instead.

The usual thing is just to get a cut from the next hairdresser who becomes available, but if you have a favourite then just say and you can let others who are queuing so before you while you wait for your favourite hairdresser.

I don't think they do much in the way of colouring etc, mainly just your basic haircut. Sort of like a traditional men's barber.

Oh, and looking ahead a few years you'll find them to be a real bargain for your little girl - they charge by age.

StepQuick Tue 23-Apr-13 14:17:48

Karen at Isis in Headington - expensive, but so good I can go months without it needing cutting.

easty2 Tue 21-May-13 21:52:09

OtoL
I have just PMd you for details! Good hairdresser at home sounds ideal.

zo13 Mon 10-Jun-13 15:40:06

Hi im a mobile Hairdresser , over 18 years experience ,Trained by Anne Veck , Great prices , 07766022555

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now