Local Talk

music lesson

(7 Posts)
sluggishMum Mon 27-May-13 12:06:50

Hi, I,m looking for a good music teacher who can teach my DS to play violin. It will be an advantage if I get someone in or near summertown / central oxford .

CrowmarshGibbon Thu 06-Jun-13 10:40:50

Hi - we've posted this on our facebook page too - we'll let you know if anyone replies!

If you find someone make sure they create a listing on here so other parents can find them in the future. You can even leave a review.

sluggishMum Mon 12-Aug-13 18:05:49

Hi, I,m looking for a good music teacher who can teach my DS to play violin. It will be an advantage if I get someone in or near summertown / central oxford .

giobalaena Tue 13-Aug-13 16:51:59

Try Noel Rainbird - birdsong music. She may be able to recommend someone.

Heidijean Tue 20-Aug-13 08:51:29

Hi -it's also worth trying local schools who have visiting instrumental teachers, such as st Edwards school.
Hope that helps?

sluggishMum Wed 21-Aug-13 08:41:41

thanks for all your suggestions. I think the Noel Rainbird - birdsong music teaches only to toddlers because my DS is 8 so I have to look for someone who teaches violin to that age group. Will the local school share the name or contact of their music teachers if I call them?

maryoz Sun 25-Aug-13 19:14:26

I would strongly recommend Kathy Blackwell. She teaches at my daughters' school, not sure if she takes on other children. She is fantastic!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now