Local Talk

Arty/cultural things for aged Mum in Marston

(3 Posts)
Elibean Wed 26-Jun-13 14:58:04

Help! My 84 year old mum is on a downer...two friends died, my niece (who lived in Oxford last year) has moved away.

She can drive happily during daylight hours, and is an artist - not into keep fit/sport, but anything arts/film/music related that anyone can think of would be great smile

Ideally, she will make new friends...but its not easy at her age, I imagine.

LeapingLizard Sat 29-Jun-13 03:43:22

I'm really sorry to hear that things have been difficult for your mum!!

I don't know much about what is on in Marston, but there is plenty for older people to do at the North Oxford Association in nearby Summertown. Most of the people who run it are elderly volunteers. There's a pay-and-display car park just next to it too.

My teenaged daughter and I went to The Creative Space in Cutteslowe a few times, and there was a good mix of ages including older people: http://www.cutteslowecommunity.org.uk/adults--families.html It's a very relaxed atmosphere - a place to do art in company with other people. People bring their own projects or learn new skills from others. There's a car park.

I'll see if I can think of anything else...

CrowmarshGibbon Tue 02-Jul-13 13:25:08

Didn't want to ignore this. Consider this a friendly bump so more people see it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now