Local Talk

Donating baby clothes, toys and clothes

(3 Posts)
nonnative Wed 13-Nov-13 08:33:56

Wondered if anyone had any suggestions: have lots of clothes that my ds has grown out of, along with some toys and, randomly, also a lot of (barely worn) bras from pre ds. I don't want to donate any of these things to a charity shop as I would prefer for them to be used directly, rather than being sold on. The same applies for Freecycle, purely because when I've used it and freecycled things before it tends to be those who can afford things using the service. I really do want these clothes and toys to go to those who will benefit directly.

Was thinking women's refugees etc but wondered if anyone had any suggestions as to where/how to contact and whether there are any other groups or organisations that might be interested.

LargeLattePlease Tue 19-Nov-13 20:01:08

Maybe contact a childrens centre in a less affluent part of Oxford, the staff may be able to help with distribution?

CrowmarshGibbon Wed 20-Nov-13 07:40:41

Women's shelters are a good place to donate things. I've heard that you can sometimes ask at your local church if they are a donation centre - is that something you could do?

Alternatively RAF Benson is currently collecting clothes, toiletries and simple childrens' toys for relief of those involved in the Phillipines disaster

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now