Local Talk

Moving to live in Oxford

(3 Posts)
amr12 Thu 05-Dec-13 13:13:54

I am moving to live in Oxford after two weeks with my husband and two children. My daughter is five years old and my son is one. I want advice which is a good area to rent a house in with a good primary school around the area and affordable price please. I am very desperate please help. I do not know anything about Oxford

ShhhhhSecret Thu 05-Dec-13 23:20:35

The city centre itself is very expensive and Parking has criminally high fees- may be worth looking at the surrounding areas and commuting in?
Abingdon has good schools, or West Oxfordshire (chipping norton, Witney etc)
Depends if your DH is reliant on public transport getting in and out of Oxford

Would suggest posting this on chat on the main site though, and bumping it often, as this local board is not checked that frequently

Hth

paola76 Tue 17-Dec-13 14:43:03

Hi I moved in august with 3 children (5,4 and 4 months). We did not know anything about oxford before coming here. We rented in Haedington but the schools (very good) in the area were full. We ended in a school in MArston (new marston) which has been upgraded in the recent years and we are happy with it, teachers are good and the environment is nice and friendly. I know school's choice is a big concern for this Country but the very first years of primary are not so relevant for your children future from the academic point of view. You will have a chance to move once settled. I would suggest haedington (more shops and the nice park called bury knowle) or marston (around St. Michaels primary school) more residential.
If you think I can help you can write me pm.ù
good luck
PAola

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now