Local Talk

Work at home parents (and non-parents for that matter...)

(13 Posts)
CrowmarshGibbon Fri 13-Dec-13 15:11:59

Mumsnet Oxford is thinking of organising a parent-friendly networking event for freelancers, the self-employed and work-at-homers.

Is this something you'd be interested in and what would make the event easier or more useful for you to attend?

Zimbolino Sat 21-Dec-13 12:22:35

I don't know if I'm interested. I do attend this event: Crafty Networking at the Pitt Rivers for creative professionals.

CrowmarshGibbon Thu 02-Jan-14 10:09:59

It would be free or very low cost to attend, if that changes your mind at all?

Surya Tue 07-Jan-14 20:31:32

I'd be intetested as well: cutrently on mat leave but working st home from March. It can get quite isolating working from home.

CrowmarshGibbon Tue 07-Jan-14 20:37:37

It can Surya - so helpful to talk to others doing the same thing as you, and it may even lead to useful work connections. It would be late Spring so hopefully you'll be able to come. Is there anything that would tempt you along?

feltgiraffe Tue 04-Feb-14 12:37:26

I'd be interested in attending - thinking of going freelance in the summer and would be interested to chat to others about their experience.

LocalEditorOxford Tue 04-Feb-14 19:34:29

Looking like it'll be the 25th April in Iffley - pencil it in, more details shortly!

Oxford2 Sun 02-Mar-14 11:05:44

Hi

Would this be open to Granny members of Mumsnet!? I have worked from home since before my first son was born 40 years ago and still am - had 4 more children - the youngest of whom is now 34 - so might be able to give a few pointers and share experiences....?

LocalEditorOxford Thu 06-Mar-14 00:46:30

No age limit, no limits at all - in fact you sound like a very useful person to have along. I hope you've marked it in your diary!

Oxford2 Thu 06-Mar-14 07:04:36

Many thanks for your positive response - yes - date is penciled in the Diary - any idea of when this will be confirmed and venue yet?

LocalEditorOxford Thu 06-Mar-14 09:30:31

I can confirm it now. It will be taking place in Iffley Blue restaurant (in the Hawkwell House Hotel) in Iffley. There's bus stops nearby and lots of (free) parking.

I'll be starting an official sign-up thread soon, just waiting for one more detail to be sorted!

Oxford2 Thu 06-Mar-14 09:40:01

Excellent - thanks very much for your speedy response!

LocalEditorOxford Tue 18-Mar-14 10:05:49

Right - it's officially open !

There's a talk thread you need to post on to let me know you're coming:
here

Please do join us - I am so looking forward to seeing you all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now