Local Talk

Brookes students

(7 Posts)
J2014 Wed 01-Jan-14 21:47:44

Hi, are there any parents/mature students/friendly students on here who study at Oxford Brookes? I'm looking to make some university friends. I am hoping to start climbing there and also take some language classes, it would be good to meet someone with similar interests. I like craft, eating out, chatting...

ShhhhhSecret Thu 02-Jan-14 07:57:42

Do you have to be a uni student? sad

I studied at uni 9 years ago.... But I love eating out and chatting and climbing....

CrowmarshGibbon Thu 02-Jan-14 10:08:59

Climbing would make a great meet up activity - let me know if either of you fancies organising it and we'll promote it for you to try and get some more people along...!

J2014 Thu 02-Jan-14 16:27:50

No shhhhh you don't have to be a uni student, I just thought it would be easier for me to meet students as I will be at uni most of the time. Is it possible to send a pm on the local boards? If so I'll message you. I haven't really done any climbing yet but it is the one thing I really want to do this year and Brookes has an indoor climbing wall.

Crowmarshgibbon that sounds interesting, do you work at the uni or a climbing centre? It would be nice to do an active meet up!

ShhhhhSecret Thu 02-Jan-14 16:35:14

Hurrar! An active meet up actually sounds great fun!

No idea about pm's.....

Am away for January but deffo looking forward to it in feb?

J2014 Thu 02-Jan-14 16:40:27

Ooh I've managed to send you a message I think. February sounds fab smile

CrowmarshGibbon Thu 02-Jan-14 19:28:53

I'm the Local Editor for Mumsnet Oxford. If either of you fancy being a Local Ambassador for your area then you can arrange an official Mumsnet meet up - it basically means we can tweet about it and put it on Facebook and the newsletter to encourage more participants. If you're feeling lucky you could even try using it to negotiate a discount with the venue for the meet up because you're bringing in new business. It's not as scary as it sounds, I promise! PMs will end u going through the main MN site, but using your local name. Please ask if you have any questions

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now