Local Talk

Move to Botley?

(3 Posts)
elsieG Thu 06-Feb-14 20:07:26

Hi,

Can anyone tell me anything about Botley? I've read such differing views on how nice it is. We're thinking of moving there along with a few other areas & would want to send our girls to the primary school. Any thoughts gratefully received smile

OxfordBlues Mon 17-Feb-14 14:27:20

Hello elsieG! I live in Botley with a nearly-three-year-old and my husband and we have lived here since 2006. We love it for a number of reasons and I'll list a few below. Let me know if there is anything specific you'd like information on and I'd be happy to help.
1. It is quiet but not too quiet - I'm a big city girl and Botley is just the right size. You could get to know your neighbours really well, but if the familiarity gets to you, walk, cycle or hop on a bus into Oxford city centre that's just a mile or so away.
2. It is just off the A34 which makes it great for car commuting. That said, it depends on where you want to commute to - to get out of Oxford, easy; to make it to the other side of Oxford, no chance!
3. It has good schools.
4. It has a reasonable retail experience in easy reach.
5. Housing, while it isn't cheap, is not ridiculously expensive.
6. The countryside and green open spaces are on your doorstep.

babysaville Mon 10-Mar-14 12:29:22

no it's a s***hole full of coke heads and accountants 1/10 would not live

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now