Local Talk

nursery school recommendations in Oxford please

(5 Posts)
RingEir Fri 21-Feb-14 15:54:32

I will be visiting Oxford on a research stay for six weeks this summer (July 15 -August 31). Can anyone recommend a nursery school/creche for my 3-year-old son (who has Down's Syndrome) during this time?

Thank you

raggiedoll Sun 02-Mar-14 09:33:53

Not sure I can help, but maybe some more details might spark someone's thoughts.

Where will you be living for this time?

The university has several nurseries, usually with long waiting lists but there might be provision for you? Have you looked into that option?

LocalEditorOxford Thu 06-Mar-14 00:53:41

Could you try contacting Downs Syndrome Oxford and asking if they have any recommendations?

Zimbolino Tue 01-Apr-14 23:07:58

You may have trouble getting nursery care for such a short stay, especially as many nurseries (as opposed to daycares) run term-time only, and that 6 weeks covers pretty much all of the summer holidays.

You might look into placing him with a childminder instead? Or hiring a short-term nanny.

itmar Wed 02-Apr-14 12:21:04

My DS goes to the Co-Op at the John Radcliffe. There have been other children with Special Needs there. We are very pleased with the creche.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now