Local Talk

Good GP in Jericho/North Ox for pregnancy/postnatal care?

(4 Posts)
SHOxfordMum Mon 24-Feb-14 14:39:38

I'm moving to Oxford at 37 weeks pregnant (I'm now 29 weeks). Yikes. I need to register with a GP asap so I can get into the community midwives system and also get a referral to the JR for my delivery. Can anyone recommend a nice GP practice for families (I already have a toddler) which will be handy for my new home on Kingston Road? I would also love a dentist recommendation. Thank you!!

oxfordbumble Wed 12-Mar-14 16:18:01

The closest practice to you would be the ones in the Jericho Health Centre (which has several different GP practices in the same building). I see Dr Steel at Chivers, Parker and Steel, and I find her very kind and approachable. They seem quite a well organised practice too.

Gymnastgirl Mon 24-Mar-14 11:26:57

We also go to Jericho Health, but Judith Bogdanor and partners. We see all 3 GPs regularly and they are fantastic. We've moved all over the world, and although we've had good GPs, this is by far and away the best practice we've been in, so I can't recommend them enough. Great with both us and LO, extremely knowledgable, easy to reach a GP with questions, etc.

Zimbolino Tue 01-Apr-14 23:05:45

I was with Chivers etc when I was pregnant (in the old health centre though) and I always liked the practice. I didn't really rate the midwife but she may have changed anyhow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now