Sandhills area?

(5 Posts)
jumpingllama Tue 30-Aug-16 15:44:04

I'm currently looking at various areas across Oxford to move to and in an attempt to find a bit more value for money I am thinking of venturing just beyond the ring road to Sandhills area. I haven't been there yet but was wondering if anyone knows anything of the area?

twinklyrach Thu 01-Sep-16 09:28:23

It's nice enough but other than a school, not much in the way of amenities. Off street parking also a must as there are a lot of people who park there to avoid paying for the park & ride.

What sort of thing are you looking for?

Skipper123 Thu 01-Sep-16 11:12:17

We live here and like it. It is quiet and great for young children - quiet enough for them to play out and when they are old enough to go across the big A road road (underpass makes it safe) to the rec. Also very convenient for buses into Oxford and also out towards London BUT no shop in easy walking distance and no facilities really. Risinghurst is also good value (is also outside of the ringroad (but the other side of the A40) and is bigger with a shop and a big play area (rec)

Skipper123 Thu 01-Sep-16 11:15:35

You need to check out the primary school if you have young children (Sandhills primary). DS did not go there so I can't help with what it is like, We moved here after DS started school and as as his school was still easy enough to get to (in headington) we didn't change his school when we moved.

We moved her because the prices were so much better than in Headington. I would have preferred to stay in Headington but we were looking to buy and had to buy where we could afford . Sandhills and Risinghurst are both full of families who need better value for money than you can get in the main Headington bit so tend to have a nice feel

twinklyrach Thu 01-Sep-16 12:39:15

A fair few of my eldest daughter's friends from preschool are going to Sandhills and it seems pretty well regarded. It has a really odd admissions setup though where it's a PAN of x places one year and y the next for reasons I don't really understand!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now