Nurseries in Chinnor?

(5 Posts)
Whatafunnyninkynonk Tue 20-Sep-16 11:28:10

I'm just trying to gauge what the provision is like for nurseries in Chinnor? I've done a quick Google and there doesn't seem to be much coming up which surprises me as it is apparently the 'largest village in South Oxfordshire' grin I thought there might be more of a need in this area with Thame nearby? What have others' experiences been? Thanks!

KayJBee Tue 20-Sep-16 17:21:31

There is ladybirds preschool which is term time school hours, in chinnor. Not sure if there are any others.
Thame has several term time school hours preschool type nurseries. First steps, the tree house, busy bees, John Hampden school nursery and queen down. All the above take from 2/3 years.
If you need fulltime childcare nursery then there's lord Williams school day nursery but that's only 8-5 and closed for 2 weeks at Christmas, 2 weeks at Easter and 2 weeks in the summer (it predominantly serves school staff). There is also a daycare nursery in long crendon, I think its little acorns.
There is also a preschool in bledlow. I think there might be a montesorri in Kingston blount.
There may be others in chinnor but these are the ones I know of. Hope that's some help.

MollyBloomYes Tue 20-Sep-16 20:23:55

Great thanks, recognise some of those names from googling! Just quite surprised I would have thought more parents would need full time (holidays as well as term time) care? Maybe they all use nannies!

KayJBee Tue 20-Sep-16 20:35:38

You'll probably find quite a lot of childminders, though they get booked up early too. I certainly know more people that use childminders than nannies!

MollyBloomYes Tue 20-Sep-16 23:34:39

Ah yes. Childminders! Much more affordable than nannies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now