Local Talk

Calling everyone to support your local Children's Centre!

(5 Posts)
jesska79 Sat 09-Nov-13 13:11:16

The council want to close 37 of our 44 Centres. This would be a real disaster for so many families both now and for future generations.
How can you help?
There are many things you can do to help, which take just a few minutes of your time, but could make all the difference. We have only until the 29th November to make our case.

1. Write to the leader of the council Ian Hudspeth ian.hudspeth@oxfordshire.gov.uk and your local council representative.

2. Write to your local MP and also David Cameron who pledges to help support the Centres.

3. Fill in the online consultancy form to support the centres:
http://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/talking-oxfordshire

4. Fill in the petition and ask everyone you know to do so too! http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/save-oxfordshire-s-children-s-centres

5. Join the Facebook action:
Three Facebook groups have been set up protesting at the proposals – Save Oxfordshire’s Children’s Centres, Save Our Children’s Centres (SOCC: Oxfordshire) and Chipping Norton’s campaign Save the Ace Centre.

Thank you for reading this!

LargeLattePlease Tue 19-Nov-13 20:45:50

Thanks for highlighting this, I haven't been able to go to a children's centre recently due to work, but found them invaluable during my first year as a Mum. I have voiced my opinions!

mumtolots Wed 27-Nov-13 15:09:20

Please spread the word....This Thursday at 11am at Oxford County Hall, Oxfordshire wide Demo and presentation/hand in of petition so far! Everyone welcomes children, family members..pets!

Can you make it?

Media are coming and we plan to present/hand over the two petitions to date. We should get some good coverage but we need as many people to come along as possible. Bring a banner/placard/home made or other poster if you have any. Wear yellow if possible!

mumtolots Wed 27-Nov-13 15:11:21

If you haven't signed yet, please add your signature to you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/save-oxfordshire-s-children-s-centres - we've just broken the 3000 barrier and we'd love to get to over 3100 by tomorrow!

Sure start Children's centre in Cricklade, near Swindon and Cirencester is excellent. Regularly attended with my first child and now attend every Tuesday with my second for the under 5's. Staff are welcoming and helpful and the morning offers an opportunity for my youngest son to play with other children whist I get the chance to engage with other parents. Adult chat is much appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now