Local Talk

Bicester/North Oxfordshire Mummies- Welcome!!

(22 Posts)
Uberbusymummy Tue 11-Dec-12 21:40:53

Hello everyone,

Just moved to Bicester and looking to meet other mummies. My son is 3 and a half and would love some new friends. I am going to start co-ordinating a group on a Saturday morning for mummies in Bicester, so please direct message me if you would be interested in coming. If you are wondering 'why Saturday?' I work Monday to Friday, so the idea is to get something that anyone can come along to with their children and meet new adult friends too. Watch this space...!!! x

bucksoch Sat 29-Dec-12 15:02:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bucksoch Sat 29-Dec-12 15:04:55

Apologies. Posted that in the wrong place and can't find out how to delete it!

nindymumma Tue 01-Jan-13 23:30:14

Hi Uberbusymummy, I am looking to move to Bicester in a couple of months I have 2 boys 6 and 10 months. Im terrified about moving somewhere I will know no one, nor the boys! I would love to meet some mummies on here from Bicester! x

LoganR Wed 16-Jan-13 11:33:01

Hi Nindy and Uberbusy.

I've just moved to Ambrosden (next to Bicester) I have a 18 month old DD and would like to get to know some new people smile

CrowmarshGibbon Sat 19-Jan-13 19:54:26

If anyone wants to organise an official meet up through this board then feel free! We're always looking for Local Ambassadors who will run meet ups in their area and talk to local businesses about get discounts for Mumsnetters and the like. Please get in touch with me if you're interested.

Uberbusymummy Sun 27-Jan-13 20:18:19

Hello ladies, sorry was just busy with the house move. I think we are going to start up a little group and try and round up some mummies..! There really isn't much in Bicester...!

Let me know if you are interested, xx

CrowmarshGibbon Tue 29-Jan-13 12:18:39

Would you be interested in becoming a Local Ambassador for Bicester maybe? If you sign up this week you even get some goodies!
more info here

Con1009 Sun 24-Mar-13 21:57:48

I have lived in Bicester for a while now and my little one is 6 months old. I find it incredibly lonely as I have no family close by. I have joined sing and sign on Mondays and go to 2 baby groups a week one with the Bicester children's centre and the other with the nct. I would still like to meet new mums and make new friends. Count me in if anything is arranged. :-)

Lolly747 Thu 16-May-13 23:01:34

Hi, I have relocated from London to Headington, where we are live temporarily whilst our house sale in Bicester finalises. I have just returned to working full time, so will be looking for weekend meetups & ways of meeting people for my 3 yr old son & I once we are moved. Would love to know what's happening in the Bicester area.

SilverBee Mon 03-Jun-13 22:10:04

Hi, I am 5 mths pregnant with my first baby. I am really keen to meet other mums-to-be / new mums in the Bicester area. As I'm still working full time, meeting up on a Saturday would be perfect - count me in!! :-)

hungarianmummy Sun 09-Jun-13 22:43:53

We are looking to re-locate to Bicester and was just wondering how you were getting on? Also would be great if anyone could point out the best and not so good areas of Bicester to live. We have a 13 month old and would be great to meet new people as well.

Cheers

Uberbusymummy Fri 04-Oct-13 23:02:47

Hello ladies,

Sorry 9 months have flown by in Bicester now!! Haven't had time to take on organising a meet up officially Mumsnetting, but if anyone fancies meeting up for a cuppa in Neros on a Sunday give me a shout (not this Sunday though, I am running a half marathon eeeek!!!)

TheBrave Tue 05-Nov-13 21:42:03

Hello!

Anybody from Bicester? Have moved here recently and looking to make friends. I have 2 children 4 and 8 years old.

Lolly747 Wed 01-Jan-14 19:33:38

Hello All, I posted on here a few months ago, but we are now living in Bicester & settled in our new home, time flies so fast! With the new year thought it might be time to improve our social lives before my son starts school in Sept! Would be great to meet up for coffee & play dates!

CrowmarshGibbon Thu 02-Jan-14 09:43:45

Excellent idea - if anybody would like to organise something please email me on oxfordshire@mumsnetlocal.com - it can be a coffee morning (and local cafes can sometimes be persuaded to offer discounts for these things) or you could have a child-free meet up at a bar. Don't feel you have to limit it to toddler-friendly stuff.

Lolly747 Sat 22-Feb-14 10:51:45

I would be happy to organise a local meet up on a weekend & see how it goes, anyone interested???

SerotoninCanEatTomorrow Mon 03-Mar-14 13:23:26

Hello, I'm a Bicester local smile

If anyone is on fb there are a couple of local pages for meets etc.

One is Bicester Mummy's (I didn't pick the name) and the other is Bicester Bumps Babies and Beyond. They are typically about advice but we also do groups, meets etc.

I'm newly pregnant with my second and been.in bicester practically all my life so would be happy to meet anyone ;) I like new friends!

If anyone is interested in being friends let me know :D

3teensandatot Thu 06-Mar-14 22:29:48

Hi new to the site. Hello. Any coffee mornings planned?

SerotoninCanEatTomorrow Thu 06-Mar-14 22:32:03

I am meetups coordinator for the Bicester area smile

haven't got one lined up - am going to start getting it all together shortly though grin

Lolly747 Mon 31-Mar-14 08:29:53

Hey that sounds great, I have a 3 yr old son & work full time so it's tricky to go to meet ups, but would definitely try to come once you've set a date x

bananailana Sun 25-May-14 22:09:00

Hello all,

We're looking to move to bicester, I have a 14 month old and hoping to add to the family soon... How is bicester for baby and toddler activities? I currently live in east Oxford so very spoiled with activities...

Thanks for advice smile

Ilana

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now