Local Talk

A question about cakes:-)

(4 Posts)
Jacky1960 Thu 07-Mar-13 18:04:31

Hi there

I am revamping my cafe menu for the spring and would like to know what sort of cakes you like to eat

CrowmarshGibbon Thu 07-Mar-13 19:52:58

Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate here - the moister the better, with good, rich icing smile

willesden Thu 07-Mar-13 21:22:46

Banana cake is always a good one. And cupcakes, of course. And a nice Victoria Sponge with roll out icing, so it looks like a slice of birthday cake. Lovely. Just, please, whatever you do, serve fresh cake. There is a teashop in Scratby (Norfolk) where the owner makes the cakes, cuts them, and then freezes the slices. When you order a slice of sponge, she goes to the freezer, grabs a slice and defrosts it in the microwave. You are then served a half hot/half cold slice of cake, where the buttercream doesn't know what it is meant to be. Sorry, I digress. Good luck with the new menu grin

MissTriangle Mon 11-Mar-13 01:34:39

One of the nicest cakes I have eaten was an elderflower Victoria sponge from a Buddhist temple in Yorkshire... Mmmmm it was gorgeous!
Also love carrot cake, red velvet cupcakes and anything that includes fresh cream and strawberries.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now