Local Talk

Relocating to Bicester, possibly!

(3 Posts)
TheBrave Sat 30-Mar-13 11:02:41

Going though the confusing time of what location we want to move to. We have narrowed it down to 3 places, Bicester, Buckingham or Brackley. All of which, are places we like very much. But as always, nothing is simple in finding the right school and house, no easy task (unless money was no object!) I'm hoping for some general feedback on all 3 places. We are a family of 4 with 2 DC, from London. My husband will have a much easier commute to work when we move, hence one of the reasons for uprooting. I will need to work at some point once we've settled in, I'm an experienced registered childminder. So my work opportunities are on my mind too. I would be grateful for some insight. Thank you.

rubyextravagance Thu 06-Jun-13 11:00:05

You've probably found somewhere by now, but for others who might find this thread, I work in the area, have once lived in the area, and so have been to all these places.
Bicester - nice shopping, a little bit historic in parts, quite mixed socially (some fairly rough areas). Schools ok. If you want the convenience of local shops, this one.
Brackley - not much to do, lots of commuters, high socio economic class generally. All primaries and secondary school ranked good / outstanding by ofsted. Close knit community with a leisure centre and children's centre all close to the centre of town.
Buckingham - university in the town but very well behaved often mature students. Very good secondary schools so I hear. Hardly any shops but lots of nice cafes and restaurants. Very historic. Quiet and sleepy except at rush hour when the town centre is blocked by cars due to Milton Keynes commuters.

rubyextravagance Thu 06-Jun-13 11:01:24

Brackley - 'not much to do' should read 'not many shops'. Should note that Brackley has 3 largish parks.
Buckingham has a large nature park / area, and a walk round the town on the historic railway track.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now