Local Talk

Relocating to Oxfordshire

(1 Post)
TW82 Sun 07-Apr-13 12:46:08

Hi everyone,

I would love to ask your opinion.
We currently live in Stamford, an area that I love, but due to my husband's work, we have to relocate to Bicester or within 20 miles thereof.
We have a 20 month old son, so I am looking for an area that is family friendly and nice. Our first move, from London to Stamford/Collyweston, was very difficult for me as a South African woman, moving with a 3 month old baby boy into an area that I didn't know at all, with no family even remotely close by and leaving the few good friends we had made in London, but I was lucky we were close to an area like Stamford that had a lot to offer in the way of baby and mum groups.

This time round I would like to be prepared lol (as the last time it took months for me to realise that this was available)

Could anyone offer advice on which areas to look at as we are currently looking at places like Banbury, Bicester, Abingdon... well I really have no clue what these areas are like..
I like the idea of finding a place similar to what we have here... i.e. things to do with kids like going to the farm and petting the animals, toddler groups, good schools, family friendly, sense of community etc..

I would greatly appreciate any feedback
Thanks in advance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now