Local Talk

Is there anyone out there?

(36 Posts)
Rollasara Sun 02-Dec-12 21:20:40

or it it just me?

<tumbleweed>

CrowmarshGibbon Mon 10-Dec-12 18:49:21

Not just you, Rollersara!

Think it's taking a while for the local sites to get going, but maybe we can entice some others in to join us...
<gets comfy, orders a mulled wine>

Bluetiredeyes Wed 12-Dec-12 20:44:47

May I join you ladies?!

< sips mulled wine and gets comfy too>

CrowmarshGibbon Thu 13-Dec-12 09:29:53

Of course you may, Blue.

Can I tempt you to a mince pie? I bought them from Waitrose made them myself

Rollasara Mon 17-Dec-12 19:56:14

sigh mulled wine, mmm!

CrowmarshGibbon Thu 20-Dec-12 08:13:00

You know, Sara, we've actually met irl, a3 the Cornerstone. You were about 18 weeks pregnant at the time, so it was a while ago... smile How is your little girl now? Crawling yet?

IonaBull Thu 20-Dec-12 08:50:39

Hey Rollasara, I'm here too! we know each other in RL too - we met at the Oxfordshire thread meet up and you worked at the same place as my husband.

(Wonders if that's enough clues...)

Says hi to everyone, I'm in Didcot.

CrowmarshGibbon Thu 20-Dec-12 15:21:23

Small world, isn't it? smile

Rollasara Thu 20-Dec-12 21:32:29

waves, Ionabull, your name is another clue smile

And yes, DD is crawling, standing, trying to walk! You had a boy didn't you Crowmarsh? Must be nearly one now?

CrowmarshGibbon Fri 21-Dec-12 08:14:29

That's right, Sara. 1 in about 3 weeks - gulp!

Amazing how fast they've become little people. How are you finding it now you're having to chase round after her?

Rollasara Sun 23-Dec-12 19:33:00

Amazing, innit? It's not so bad, there's only so far she can go so I don't have too far to chase her! That'll change once she's walking! Is your LO toddling now?

CrowmarshGibbon Mon 24-Dec-12 07:17:39

Yup, and getting really good at it. he's so proud of himself - lots of triumphant squeaks!

Happy Christmas everyone - what are the chances of it's being white do you think? I reckon, since dh and I bought a sledge this year, almost nil...

Rollasara Mon 24-Dec-12 16:45:38

Oo, how exciting!

We're up in Lancashire for Christmas, it's looking very grey here, no sign of white!

BensonNoHedges Fri 25-Jan-13 12:21:09

Hello smile

CrowmarshGibbon Fri 25-Jan-13 19:26:37

Ooh - a newbie! <pounces> Hello. Whereabouts are you?

BensonNoHedges Tue 29-Jan-13 12:33:55

I am in Benson (Base)

CrowmarshGibbon Wed 30-Jan-13 12:47:23

Have you been there long, or is it a recent posting?

BensonNoHedges Wed 30-Jan-13 16:39:36

Recent (November)

DH was posted to the sandpit almost as soon as we got here

I am just about starting to get my bearings to be honest

CrowmarshGibbon Wed 06-Feb-13 14:44:11

Aww, that's tough. Do you manage to get along to many baby groups or meet people? It's a great community round here if you can find a way in. What age(s) is/are your kid(s)?

BensonNoHedges Wed 06-Feb-13 15:11:49

Kids are 6 and 13. How old are yours?

CrowmarshGibbon Thu 07-Feb-13 15:32:56

Just the one, one year old. He's a handful, but a great way to meet other mums! It's harder when you have older kids, but if you want to become a Local Ambassador you could help organise some fun meet ups in the Benson area...? Give me a shout if you're keen (we might even be able to organise some perks in the way of freebies and so on!)

And if anyone else is keen on being a Local Ambassador for their area please get in touch. The more we have, the more chance there is of getting some perks sorted out.

DidcotDynamiteBestEverVodka Mon 11-Feb-13 17:12:04

Hi, can I join? I'm another newbie (although long-term MN lurker). I live in Didcot with DP and 2 DD. I'm scandinavian, but I've lived in the UK for 13 years.

CrowmarshGibbon Mon 11-Feb-13 18:21:55

Hi and welcome! How old are your daughters and whereabouts in Scandanavia? I have a Finnish friend in England and an English friend in Sweden so I'm very au fait ! wink

DidcotDynamiteBestEverVodka Mon 11-Feb-13 18:54:51

I'm swedish - please don't ask if I love ABBA!grin
My DDs are 6 and 2. Do you run the Wallingford local meet-ups?

CrowmarshGibbon Tue 12-Feb-13 07:16:19

I wouldn't dare! (though I do grin )
I am waiting to hear back from someone about being a local ambassador for Wallingford. She'd then run the meet ups. Why do you ask? Would you like to organise some in Didcot?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now