Local Talk

noahs ark

(9 Posts)
preciousangelsmum Tue 19-Apr-11 21:59:18

has anyone been since its been refurbished. my sister went and said its awful. she has a 5 year old and a 10 month old and said they couldn't play together as 5yr old wasn't allowed on baby bit and adults not allowed on main bit so he was left playing on his own while both parents sat with baby.

sounds a shame as i took 5yr old and my toddler before refurb and they ran riot and had a great time.

has anyone else had problems?

sweetiesue Wed 20-Apr-11 11:14:00

DS (6) went a few weeks back to a birthday party, took DD (10) with me and hit problems as soon as I walked in the door. Explained to lady on desk that we were there for a party that was starting at 12, it was just after 11.30, and I acknowledged we were early and asked if there was somewhere we could wait. Told only place to wait was in the play area itself as party room/birthday boy wasn't ready. I said fine and they tried to charge me approx £5 per child to enter play area for 20 minutes until party time. I refused and said I would wait by desk as I didn't want to pay to be able to drop one child off at a party before leaving with the other child to return later to do pick up. They reluctantly agreed.
Eventually dropped ds off at party room and proceeded to leave again. As I was leaving I was asked to produce receipt to show I had paid entry for dd, of course I didn't have one because we were only dropping off. As it transpired we ended up staying as got talking to another mum I hadn't seen for ages and we decided to stay put for a coffee and a catch up. Therefore, went back to front desk and paid appropriate entry charge for dd.
The saga continues I'm afraid, DD was in the baby section with my friend's dd (11 mths) whilst we had our coffee and supervised from a short distance away. Member of staff approached dd and asked her to leave the section because she was obviously too old to be in there. DD explained that she was playing with the baby and pointed us out as her supervisors. The member of staff then approached us saying same thing and that dd must leave baby area and go on main section or sit with us. When asked what we should do with our newly received coffees she said that the baby would have to sit on our knees until we were finished and then we could go in baby section with her (no highchairs available as it was around lunchtime).
Def not very good if you have children of different ages. Another thing to point out is that they now have pay for activities within the main frame (cars, games, zip line) and the children can watch but not take part without a token/money. The activites are £1 each (I think, I and dd avoided them).
Place is def cleaner and brighter than it was, they have hiked up the prices and it is the same price whether your child is 6mths or 10yrs.
Hope that helps, we won't be going back in a hurry!!

Chummybud1 Sun 05-Jun-11 19:06:46

Hi there I am coming to Perth for a week in September, daughter starting in the UHI and we are bringing her down. I have a 3 ye old and 8 ye old, can you recommend days out that are nearby thanks.

GentleOtter Sun 05-Jun-11 19:12:39

Active kids playground Sorry about the weird link.
Stanley is about 5 miles out of Perth heading north up the A9.

Good park in Aberfeldy which is about 25 miles from Perth.

Chummybud1 Sun 05-Jun-11 19:25:27

Hi had a look at website, looks perfect, hope the weathers good.

GentleOtter Sun 05-Jun-11 19:40:37

Take a coat and jumper in case. It has been quite cold and wet in Perthshire.

McRosty Park in Crieff has just reopened last week and is amazing. Crieff about 10 miles from Perth heading west.

Chummybud1 Mon 06-Jun-11 08:46:04

Mcrosty park looks great. What's Perth like to live in, my daughter will be there for a few years and is looking for morale support.

Thanks for all your help

GentleOtter Mon 06-Jun-11 09:34:26

I don't live in Perth ( we are much further north) but it is our main town for shopping and everything.
It is quite a lively place but not too large and has a good transport system.

Horsecross is the new concert hall and some excellent bands etc on there but loads of other smaller venues around town. There are street markets, decent shops and the people are friendly.
There are a couple of rough areas but generally crime is low.
The only downside is that parking can be a bit pricey in the town centre.

Outside Perth, there are areas of outstanding beauty which tend to be fairly unpopulated so good for peace and to get out of town for a while.

What is your daughter going to study?

Chummybud1 Mon 06-Jun-11 16:38:45

She is studying childcare, then going to stirling uni next to do teaching. All very exciting, we live way up in the highlands so don't know area to well. What we have seen though is that it is lovely. She can't wait.

Thanks for all your help, you have been great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now