Local Talk

Schools

(3 Posts)
Supersim Mon 21-Jan-13 11:37:44

Hi I used to live in Cupar but moved to Ayrshire 3 years ago for my husband's job. I miss it so much that we are thinking of moving to Perth or surrounding area and my husband will commute. Looking at the threads about places to live the advice for good schools does not always match with a good hmi report. I know the reports give a false impression so would like to hear people's personal experiences of any primary schools in the area that their children are at. I am interested particularly in hearing from anyone who has had concerns about their child and how the school has dealt with it. Also, how friendly and approachable are the staff etc. the areas we have looked at are bridge of earn, scone, kinnoull, viewlands, Milnathort or craigie. Any information on these schools would be gratefully received. Thank you.

Milnathort primary school has a fantastic reputation. As does kinross in the next town which is just a mile away. Both are right next to the motorway so excellent for commuting.

Either school gives entry to the secondary school in kinross which is out performing some of the local private schools.

Kinross and Milnathort are good places to live. Property is holding value. Good community spirit. Loads of clubs and outdoor activities for children too.

Commuting from Perthshire to Ayrshire is a hellish long commute though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now