Local Talk

Moving to Peterborough

(3 Posts)
playthedayaway Wed 19-Oct-11 09:43:13

Hi we are considering a move to Stanground in Peterborough. Can anyone tell me what the area is like? Are there good schools, jobs, shops etc? Know nothing about Peterborough at all!

Sarahx

EauRouge Wed 19-Oct-11 10:19:24

Hello! I live near Peterborough so I might be able to help out. Stanground is not the nicest part of Peterborough but not the worst by a long stretch. Some streets are nicer than others, I think the newer parts are nicer. There are some nice villages within easy reach if you fancy somewhere more rural. Whereabouts will you be working?

There's a big secondary school in Stanground, I think it recently got funding for some new facilities. Some people nearby prefer to send their DCs to Sawtry (a village about 5 or 6 miles away). Not sure which is better because my DDs are not school age. Kings is a popular school but tricky to get into (if you are church-goers then it will be easier). Peterborough High is the only private school. Stanground also has a primary school, sure start centre and a council-run play centre that has an after school club.

There are a few supermarkets near Stanground (large Tesco and a new Morrisons) and it's not far to the city centre.

Jobs are pretty scarce around at the moment, there are a lot of manual jobs so it depends what area you're looking to work in. There's a big new hospital, that might have something going.

Hope that helps a bit.

playthedayaway Wed 19-Oct-11 10:23:07

Thanks EauRough, doesn't sound any worse then where we are, about the same really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now