Local Talk

Parnwell

(4 Posts)
Interestedmum28 Fri 09-Mar-12 13:40:55

Hi thinking of moving to Parnwell want to know what the area is like schools work etc is it a nice place to live and raise kids pls any info would help x

EauRouge Fri 09-Mar-12 14:04:02

Its reputation is that it's not the nicest area in Peterborough. I think there are a lot of families there but I don't know much about it first hand, only what I've heard. It's probably nowhere near as bad as it sounds, most places aren't. It's not like Moss Side or anything, just not the nicest part of town. This might help a bit.

Ofsted primary school report

There's a Catholic secondary school that's probably the nearest one, don't know anything about it other than it's small.

There's also a large academy, it has good facilities and a friend's son goes there and is very happy- no first hand knowledge though, my eldest is only 3.

Work-wise, it is close to the main industrial area so lots of jobs there. Also not too far from the city centre.

Hope that helps a bit.

Interestedmum28 Fri 09-Mar-12 14:17:12

Thank you people I've spoke with have said its not nice but they just don't want us to move from Portsmouth I would like to find out for myself my kids are 10 and 16 months do would be looking for schools nurserys etc I don't want to just go on people saying its rough as that's what others would say about Portsmouth but I know it's not that bad x

kilmuir Sat 08-Sep-12 23:10:02

it is rough

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now