Local Talk

Appointment at the Peterborough Passport office wednesday week

(13 Posts)
mckenzie Sun 15-Jul-12 14:27:46

any tips please on
a) parking?
b) what to do for four hours while I wait for the passport to be ready?

TIA

whatinthewhatnow Sun 15-Jul-12 14:37:13

I went years ago and there was no problem parking. I do remember that there was NOTHING to do nearby. DH and I sat in some very weird sort of indoor market/cafe type place opposite the passport office and ate chips. we had no DCs then, or we probably would have made more of an effort to find something to do. they were very efficient and quick IIRC. (the passport, not the chips)

whatinthewhatnow Sun 15-Jul-12 14:37:53

oh, and do you need it the same day? I think they'll send it to arrive a couple of days later if you don't need it right there and then.

mckenzie Sun 15-Jul-12 14:40:00

thank you. I thought i had to what for it. I'll check out the website again.

mckenzie Sun 15-Jul-12 14:40:11

wait for it even smile

EauRouge Sun 15-Jul-12 15:44:15

There's a multi-story very close to the passport office. The cathedral is worth a visit, the museum is free so can kill an hour or so. The shopping centre is OK. All are a few minutes walk from the PO. You could probably kill 4 hours or so if you had a low boredom threshold grin

mckenzie Sun 15-Jul-12 19:51:19

thanks EauRouge. Im thinking now about getting the train. Would you happen to know how far it is from the station to the passport office?

EauRouge Sun 15-Jul-12 20:19:26

It's around a 5 minute walk, you go out of the train station to the multi-story car park and go over a foot bridge into the shopping centre and it's not far from the other end of there. It was pretty well sign-posted but there's been some working going on so not sure if the signs are still there.

detoxdiva Sun 15-Jul-12 20:28:17

Multi storey just opposite for parking.

I chose the 'get in in a week' option when I renewed dd's, so was only actually in the office for about 20 minutes! The passport arrived after 5 days despite them telling me it would take 7.

mckenzie Sun 15-Jul-12 21:10:46

thank you both.

bigstu60 Sat 07-Jun-14 03:13:20

help back to passports again a passport is stuck in durham after reading coments on your web page got direct number the 0300 number told me all ok just waiting for interview but spoke to durham they told me they havnt even looked at it, i have contacted via email everyone i can think of newport office. no 10 downing street, david cameron local and natonal media now just sent message to peterborough office via email but can get peterborough direct phone number does anyone know it. i am supposed to travel on 17th june it is making me ill with the stress can anyone give me advice please

LocalEdPeterborough Mon 09-Jun-14 13:59:51

Hi bigstu60 the only other number's I can find online apart from the 0300 number are 0872 630 0200 or 0872 437 6286. I don't know how accurate this is though sorry.

bigstu60 Sun 15-Jun-14 14:02:46

wrote to chiif exc, prime minister also 10 downing street emailed newport [complaints dept] everyone of them saying the same they cant speed it up. They are only dealing with the29th April today so tuesday will be a sad day leaving one of our passengers behind it was a suprise21st bday prezzie gone wrong. you would think after 100's of phone calls by the way not had bill yet and 50 emails to every department they could have done something over the last 4 weeks i know it is exceptional time but if people are traveling surely they could have pulled the file and given some compassion to the ones that are being affected the most. it is not like they were not aware of this case but it would be nice for someone to prioratise. We did get some sense yest telling us although her application has been sat on their desks since 7 may this case will not be looked at till end of june at earlist. If anyone needs new passport before end of year send it now.

I was angry 2 weeks ago when an asian gentleman that we see told us that he decided to go to a wedding at the last min the other week and he was able to go and get his passport renewed straight the way. I was not happy about the situation at all. I was glad for him to get to his family wedding but had to be careful about being politically correct.

I was more angry how different rules can apply when it suits people.

Do'nt listen to advise line when they tell you its all ok if you hav'nt had a letter, email or phone call from the person dealing with your case.

Many thanks for your responses and i hope this will help other people. All we ever wanted from these departments was the truth if we had been given a straight answer in the beginning it could have saved a lot of money, sleepless nights and daily stress levels going through the roof.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now