Local Talk

Appointment at the Peterborough Passport office wednesday week

(10 Posts)
mckenzie Sun 15-Jul-12 14:27:46

any tips please on
a) parking?
b) what to do for four hours while I wait for the passport to be ready?

TIA

whatinthewhatnow Sun 15-Jul-12 14:37:13

I went years ago and there was no problem parking. I do remember that there was NOTHING to do nearby. DH and I sat in some very weird sort of indoor market/cafe type place opposite the passport office and ate chips. we had no DCs then, or we probably would have made more of an effort to find something to do. they were very efficient and quick IIRC. (the passport, not the chips)

whatinthewhatnow Sun 15-Jul-12 14:37:53

oh, and do you need it the same day? I think they'll send it to arrive a couple of days later if you don't need it right there and then.

mckenzie Sun 15-Jul-12 14:40:00

thank you. I thought i had to what for it. I'll check out the website again.

mckenzie Sun 15-Jul-12 14:40:11

wait for it even smile

EauRouge Sun 15-Jul-12 15:44:15

There's a multi-story very close to the passport office. The cathedral is worth a visit, the museum is free so can kill an hour or so. The shopping centre is OK. All are a few minutes walk from the PO. You could probably kill 4 hours or so if you had a low boredom threshold grin

mckenzie Sun 15-Jul-12 19:51:19

thanks EauRouge. Im thinking now about getting the train. Would you happen to know how far it is from the station to the passport office?

EauRouge Sun 15-Jul-12 20:19:26

It's around a 5 minute walk, you go out of the train station to the multi-story car park and go over a foot bridge into the shopping centre and it's not far from the other end of there. It was pretty well sign-posted but there's been some working going on so not sure if the signs are still there.

detoxdiva Sun 15-Jul-12 20:28:17

Multi storey just opposite for parking.

I chose the 'get in in a week' option when I renewed dd's, so was only actually in the office for about 20 minutes! The passport arrived after 5 days despite them telling me it would take 7.

mckenzie Sun 15-Jul-12 21:10:46

thank you both.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now