Local Talk

Peterborough - you should be very proud of yourselves.

(5 Posts)
mckenzie Wed 25-Jul-12 22:05:17

I came up today from London to use the passport office as I couldn't face the thought of going to Victoria this close to the olympics. The staff at the passport office were friendly, efficient and did a great job - but no jobsworths at all. The lady who served me in Boots was friendly, helpful and smiley. Every shop I went into I was served by helpful, polite smiley assistants (apart from two ladies in Blacks maybe who could have done a bit to help me but hey ho).
Isn't it a shame that i feel the need to comment on this though huh? It should be the norm shouldn't it? But anyway, i just wanted you to know that I loved Peterborough, and the people too. smile

EauRouge Thu 26-Jul-12 08:46:46

It's not often you hear people singing the praises of Peterborough grin Glad you had a good time and got your passport OK.

mckenzie Thu 26-Jul-12 15:57:01

I thought that might be the case Eau and to be honest, I was not looking forward to being there for four hours. But the shopping was ok (French Connection had a sale on), Starbucks had a lovely outdoor seating area and the cathedral is lovely. Happy days.

StrangerintheNight Thu 02-Aug-12 20:18:30

I was also pleasantly surprised by Peterborough last time was there. There was a nice friendly buzz about the place and was much smarter than I remember it.
We only ever hear negative stories, typical. Maybe the place needs it's own version of Boris to do some cheerleading...

JugglingWithFiveRings Sat 18-Aug-12 18:10:44

It's looking much brighter in the heart of Peterborough - in Cathedral Square - since they completed the changes to the square. They knocked down an ugly modern building at the back of St.John's church creating much more space around this medieval church, laid some new beautiful stone paving throughout, added some floor level fountains for the children to play in .... and occasionally hold a traditional market in what was the original market square.
I am so much happier to live in Peterborough these days smile

Drove across the beautiful fens to band practice with the DC's this morning, and just back from a lovely few days family holiday on North Norfolk coast (nearby)
so feeling it's not a bad little corner of the country to bring up the DC's

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now