Local Talk

I need to moan about the life centre....

(14 Posts)
Scarredbutnotbroken Tue 07-Aug-12 20:52:36

It's filthy and stressful compared to Pavillions. I can't see me taking both dd's there when dd2 is born :-(

discobeads Tue 07-Aug-12 20:55:53

the water is cold too. shame there are very few other public swimming pools to use for leisure. I miss the pavilions, but dd now goes to a smal private pool for lessons, which is lovely, and we use meadowlands in tavistock for leisure, although the cleanliness of that is vile, at least they have things the children can play in/on.

Scarredbutnotbroken Tue 07-Aug-12 21:10:39

I never found the Pavillions as gross, hygiene wise. We are starting with Paul davies in September and we swim at the Devonshire too so it's not my only option. Just think its a shame with all the fuss about it opening what a shambles it is sad

Makinglists Thu 16-Aug-12 07:55:10

Lovely facility but all too much hassle - took DSs there last week - and the pool zones kept changing depth over the hour we were there and we were told the baby pool was full so couldn't use it (I guess they have their max numbers but wasn't very full - seen the old central park kids pool much fuller) and half of one of the other pools was out of action for holiday club- slides are great but not a very good pool experience for a 1 yr old and a 6 year old who can only swim a little. All too much faff and stressful (and cold) - will stick to Plympton Pool for a straightforward swim with the kids.

Scarredbutnotbroken Thu 16-Aug-12 09:07:56

Making lists - yup exactly those issues too it was freezing on Tuesday! I will go to be social but I'm v unimpressed with it. I like Plympton pool it's really civilised grin

thefoosa Thu 16-Aug-12 09:13:07

The Life Centre is actually dirtier than the old Pavillions?How is that possible?

Plympton pool is nice but i find all pool changing rooms fairly dire hygiene wise.

Oh yes have to agree. I took ds3 the other week and didn't realise that to use the baby pool I needed a different colour wristband (never had that before in there) so we ended up in a heaving pool which was too deep for him (while one which would have been the correct depth was empty with no-one allowed in it). It does seem shambolic. We take ds1 to the disabled swimming club as well and that is more problematic than it was in central park (not the club's fault - it's the life centre at fault).

Is Paul Davies the swimming teacher I have heard rumours about in Crownhill - can someone give me some contact details? I really need to get ds2 and ds3 swimming properly and he sounds as if he might be ideal.

Scarredbutnotbroken Thu 16-Aug-12 17:48:27

Saintly jimjams- yes that's him - pm me and I will send u his email as that's how I booked in with him. He's v good all positive so far from other parents who use him

Thanks!

NotInTheMood Sat 29-Sep-12 16:23:27

Could I have his details too please :-))

lifeisarose Fri 09-Nov-12 12:51:24

could i please get paul's number too for my son... thank you

Shaz2013 Thu 03-Jan-13 22:08:45

Has any one got a telephone number or email for Paul Davies swimming lessons?

LisaM84 Mon 17-Jun-13 17:16:24

Please can you send me the contact details for Paul Davies swimming lessons? Thank you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now