ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Primary schools in Saltash?

(8 Posts)
janmax Wed 19-Jun-13 16:24:26

Does anyone on here live in Saltash?
I'm planning to move to Saltash this summer with my daughter who will go in to year 5 in September. It would be great to get some opinions of the primary schools in the area. Currently looking at St Stephens or Brunel primary.

Also, are there any particular areas of Saltash to avoid?

Any advice or info would be much appreciated!

AlriteMeAnsom Wed 19-Jun-13 17:35:44

I don't live in Saltash but nearby.

I know a few people who had their kids at Brunel, it seems to be a good school.

I don't think there are dodgy areas of Saltash, its a good place to live.

janmax Wed 19-Jun-13 22:29:16

That's great to hear - I spent a few days looking around and it did all seem nice, with a nice atmosphere.

AlriteMeAnsom Thu 20-Jun-13 20:53:39

It is a nice place to live and is known for it so don't worry about dodgy areas. smile

fifi669 Sat 10-Aug-13 11:01:22

I do live in Saltash. Two areas to avoid if possible. One is the lower estate. Road names such as river view, lander, Newman rd. Bit rough down there. Alamein is the other. Though I think it's been better in the last few years.

Schools wise they're all good. Bishop Cornish has the best ofsted. It's a Roman Catholic primary and will look for proof of attendance to a church denomination though it will let in others after. My dad, me and my 5 siblings, DS father, half siblings and uncles all went to St Stephens so I'm pretty biased about favouring that one! Burraton always had a good ofsted though had a bad one recently. Brunel was known as a bit if a rough school as they tended to take on more difficult kids, but they've really turned it around. Any primary your kids get into in Saltash is going to be good.

If you go out in the evening avoid ice warm. Local drunks are there all day. Not the placid ones either. More the gobby type.

Apart from that Saltash is great. Everyone knows everyone through the friend of a friend, brothers girlfriends cousin etc. I've lived here all my life.

Different story over the bridge.... I couldn't be tempted to live in Plymouth.

Hope that helps!

musichelen Thu 17-Oct-13 13:53:31

Hi, I don't know if you've moved into Saltash by now, but we relocated just outside of Saltash in August and love it! I have 3 children and they have settled well in to a local primary school and also the college. I would thoroughly recommend it! People very friendly too, although the narrow country lanes can be a bit scary!!

NoIHaventHadTheBabyYet Wed 18-Dec-13 17:52:57

Apart from that Saltash is great. Everyone knows everyone through the friend of a friend, brothers girlfriends cousin etc. I've lived here all my life.

Everyone knows each other as most people are related!

Essagirl Mon 03-Feb-14 05:59:41

Bishop Cornish is not Roman Catholic. It is Church of England. It is a very good primary school, my daughter went there, I was very pleased with the progress she made and the pastoral care. We are Roman Catholic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now