Navy Married Quarters in Plymouth Area

(4 Posts)
user1464730439 Wed 01-Jun-16 22:33:27

I'm desperate for some help!
OH is being posted to Plymouth (raleigh). We're moving into quarters but we've heard horror stories about quarters in Plymouth, not only with areas but the houses themselves. My daughter will need to attend a primary school and i'm self employed so will need to build my business.

I'm getting very little information from welfare about addresses but i've done a little research myself and had a look on google earth. The nicest looking houses seem to be in Torpoint? However, i know nothing about Torpoint. Someone suggested that Plympton/Plymstock area was the best but i'm not so sure from what i've seen on google earth!
We really don't want to live in the centre of Plymouth but OH has been told he can't opt for an area and he will get what he's given, regardless of whether its a flat or not.

It will be a big move for us but i have to put mine and my daughters needs first.

I hope someone can help me!

Wotsitsareafterme Wed 01-Jun-16 23:05:41

Tor point is lovely and where Raleigh is so no commute. Plympton and plymstock are very nice. All 3 have good schools. Given the choice I would avoid all the city centre areas though I think there are quarters in wide well which is the north of the city which is a nice quiet area.

Plymlady Sat 11-Jun-16 21:32:44

I'm not sure what horror stories you have heard but the married quarters here aren't that bad. They do seem quite small compared to other areas though.
I don't know of any quarters in the city centre, they are all in quite nice areas. I don't think there are any flats either. They are mostly 3 bedroom houses.

Devilishpyjamas Sun 12-Jun-16 14:59:15

Plympton/Plymstock is a bit of a trek to Raleigh. Torpoint is good for kids (unless you happen to have a disabled child in which case you'd be better in Plymouth than Cornwall).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now