Local Talk

Can anyone recommend any great cafes?

(4 Posts)
coastrunner Mon 12-Nov-12 15:24:24

Hi there I want to list some cafes on the site. Does anyone have any favourite cafes they can recommend? And what's so great about them (coffee, friendly attitude, great soup etc)? I used to visit Lou Lous in Southsea, but have heard mixed reports recently... And what about Garage Lounge which is meant to serve up great coffee, or Le Cafe Parisien with its exhibitions of work by local artists...

CC77 Sat 02-Mar-13 19:03:07

Hi, Southsea Library has a cafe within it which is very popular with parents. There are books for all ages including babies, as well as colouring activities and children's computers. The library also runs 'bounce and rhyme' sessions and story time for the under 5s.

Agree, the library is great. I also like Belle Isle for its relaxed atmosphere and rather lovely hot choc! And there's a little cake shop/cafe on Albert Road near the Salvation Army that has a garden out the back so great in the summer.

JenztheWren Sat 20-Apr-13 17:11:15

Garage lounge is lovelt, but service so slow that not recommnded with small restless kids. I agree woth above, library is fab, as the kids sit and read and the coffee is real and cake yummy, and cheapest around. Best of all they let you move the coffee around anywhere in the library. Best for younger and restless kiddos! If I was by myself or meeting a friend I would choose Garage Lounge, for i's quirkiness and style, but it is expensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now