We are a friendly group you have been told grin

mumbar Sun 12-Sep-10 18:46:50

thats brilliant grin

love the bit about the puddles - that was so funny smile

dustycups Sun 12-Sep-10 19:12:58

well done LM1!

Eve34 Sun 12-Sep-10 19:13:17

evening :-)

glad you all finding our new thread thought would try and make first post more interesting try not to scare off newbies

dolphin13 Sun 12-Sep-10 19:53:01

Hello ladies, hope your all having a nice evening. I'm just watching Jurassic park with DS.

mumbar Sun 12-Sep-10 20:01:06

I'm heating up the iron - Know which I'd rather be doing !!!! Enjoy and have a giggle at the bit where dino eats the man on the toilet for me - gets me everytime grin

here mumbar have some more ironing from me

dustycups Sun 12-Sep-10 20:14:38

oh i love that bit too mumbar!

im having a good evening smile

mumbar Sun 12-Sep-10 20:48:07

Finished ironing uniform and most clothes Pj's etc - bit left but I'll finish tomorrow whilst watching eastenders smile

Really glad your feeling better Dusty you had me worried for a bit.

dustycups Sun 12-Sep-10 20:50:22

omg!! its only 9 weeks till i turn 25!! hope you lot all coming to party hard with me!

dont like not being op now, im not highlighted!

sorry dusty I control freaky today needed to highlight my threads

where you going for your birthday?

mumbar Sun 12-Sep-10 20:54:14

25 envy

mumbar wrong thread grin

mumbar Sun 12-Sep-10 20:56:58

no that was envy at Dusty only being 25 !!!!

oh sorry mumbar misread your intentions

dustycups Sun 12-Sep-10 21:01:12

i dont want to be 25 mumbar, so you can be if ya like for me!

dustycups Sun 12-Sep-10 21:03:22

new weatherspoons in southsea as it has music and dancefloor and cheap drink!

didnt celebrate my 21st so 25 is the good one, gonna do fancy dress!

where is that I don't know pubs you know me blush

dustycups Sun 12-Sep-10 21:07:42

opposite where pizza hut used to be!

mumbar Sun 12-Sep-10 21:08:47

I'd love to be 25 again Dusty smile

dustycups Sun 12-Sep-10 21:12:29

i know, dont feel it though! and i still get id'd with is really annoying!

GMajor7 Sun 12-Sep-10 21:15:14

'ello smile

A Sotonian here.

hi Gmajor7 are you joining us?

GMajor7 Sun 12-Sep-10 21:17:18

Er, yes! Normally a lurker but thought I'd say hello.

so what did you think of us when lurking we not been too mental for you I hope smile

Welcome officially

mumbar Sun 12-Sep-10 21:19:36

Hey Gmajor7, welcome to our thread officially the Pompey/ IOW but fast becomming the M27 junction thread!!! and busier than Picidilly Circus. It's great and all are welcome.

GMajor7 Sun 12-Sep-10 21:20:38

Love it grin

Fantastic advice, some really witty posts and I have to admit to being very entertained by AIBU threads in a rubbernecky kind of fashion!

dustycups Sun 12-Sep-10 21:20:48

welcome gmajor!
must admit i was very much a mn lurker till i meet this crazy lot!

mumbar Sun 12-Sep-10 21:20:57

I still get ID'd occasionally - makes my blardy day it does grin

who you calling crazy mumbar grin

dustycups Sun 12-Sep-10 21:22:44

wrong person lm1

dustycups Sun 12-Sep-10 21:25:11

omg! enrique is singing hero on that heroes concert. it mine and my amazing best friends song, love her so fucking much! have started crying again now

mumbar Sun 12-Sep-10 21:27:33

LM1 - fruedian slip? Crazy was mentioned and up popped an image of me hmm wink

dustycups Sun 12-Sep-10 21:32:04

oh no not angels aswell!! pass me tissues!

GMajor7 Sun 12-Sep-10 21:38:55

Have one of mine dustycups. I've got a stinking cold and have thousands of the things!

dustycups Sun 12-Sep-10 21:44:42

thanks GM as long as its clean!

MrsDinky Sun 12-Sep-10 21:52:40

Hello, have been lurking on yout other thread and enjoyed the one moving to Pompey and getting the accents so I though I'd say hello (in East Hants now but used to live in Southsea).

Dustycups - when did the Pizza Hut go? I used to work there, also the one in Commercial Road. If that's still there....

GMajor7 Sun 12-Sep-10 21:54:13

Like the abbreviation you've used there -'GM'. I'm not genetically modified but feel like it tonight!

mumbar Sun 12-Sep-10 22:01:44

Hello Mrs Dinky and welcome.

Loving all the suv-ern-ers coming out of the woodwork this week grin

dolphin13 Sun 12-Sep-10 22:03:42

Hi dinky and GM welcome.

dusty I am old enough to be your mother grin Still up for a party though.

Loving Robbie.

Hi MrsDinky welcome

GMajor7 maybe GM7 but then you might sound like a food additive

dustycups Sun 12-Sep-10 22:11:12

dolphin do you wanna adopt me??

GM thats you new name!

dinky hi, hope you had fun watching our other thread! it went shortly after xmas, the one is town still there though!

hi dolphin meant to ask how is fds's leg?

dolphin13 Sun 12-Sep-10 22:24:14

dusty of course I will adopt you. You're lovely do you come as a package with your beautiful LOs.

LM1 He's ok but really trying it on. He can use his frame perfectly well but I had a call from his school on Friday complaining that his taxi driver had left him in the playground. Teachers found him crying in a corner and they were livid.
School want driver to take him to reception but LO will not walk and driver is not allowed to carry him. I spoke to driver (who is lovely) he said that in the time it takes LO to get to reception he has twice had his taxi blocked in by other parents parking illegally. So I can see it from all sides, but getting a bit mad because I know LO can easily manage the hop to reception with his frame he just wont.

And breathe

dolphin13 Sun 12-Sep-10 22:25:14

Loving your poems by the way LM

it weird we kind of like a family on here already not sure who is who though but I am sure dusty is the little sister not sure who else has which role

Dolphin hope he stops messing around soon.

Off to bed well at least to try and sleep night all

dustycups Sun 12-Sep-10 22:27:33

oh thankyou dolphin ! yep we all come as one!

dolphin13 Sun 12-Sep-10 22:37:13

Well I've got to be mum (but a quite trendy one I hope).

Think I've lost my dh. Thought he was driving back from Kent and usually back by 9ish. Not answering his phone so who knows what he's up to.

I'm off to bed, can't keep my eyes open. It's the old age. grin

Night night, slept tight
Don't let the bed bugs bite
If they do squeeze them tight
And they wont come another night
Good night

Obviously not my own work

dustycups Sun 12-Sep-10 22:47:41

you seem pretty cool to me!!
hope he returns soon!

thats really sweet! lol

sleep well!
xxxx

mumbar Sun 12-Sep-10 23:21:37

we are one you and I, we're just like the earth and sky, a family under the sun grin

Night ladies x x

dustycups Sun 12-Sep-10 23:42:02

dusty has come to say goodnight
and although i try with all my might
ill be back before i know
cos our little mn family continues to grow!!

mumbar Sun 12-Sep-10 23:43:43

grin

dustycups Sun 12-Sep-10 23:53:23

thought you had gone to bed!

dolphin13 Mon 13-Sep-10 10:30:04

Lol dusty.

DH forget to tell me he was staying another night in the hotel confused. He's home tonight.

LO went to school very happily. Told me I didn't need to stay with her cos she's a big girl now sad. So I am doing my cleaning with Robbie blasting out instead of Ben and Holly. Love it

dustycups Mon 13-Sep-10 12:24:37

right please tell me one of you knows you lacuna coil is (they r a band)!!! bet stray does!!!
they at wedgewood rooms next month, im very very very excited!!!

dolphin
how do men forget to tell you such important things!!!
sounds bliss, although you cant beat ben and holly, my dc call me nanny plum!

GMajor7 Mon 13-Sep-10 12:45:02

I'm not familiar with Lacuna Coil - they sound rather like a form of contraception! The Wedgewood Rooms is a great venue. I've played there myself a few times - once I was so nervous I fell off my chair!

Eve34 Mon 13-Sep-10 13:02:48

Oh a star in our group, you go GM7!!!!

You are all so good at the individual bits I am going to have to write notes and keep up to date.

Bit of a ribbish day today - back to work after 2 weeks off it has been piling up and can't face it. Dropped little man at pre school feel terrible leaving him there for no reason.

Lost my get up and go :-( on the upside have booked wed off so only have to work tomorrow :-) and 2 days next week so guess I will be doing the house work.

Oh I have dyed my hair to dark so any suggestions on how to lighten it would be very much appreciated.

Off to visit one of my families now :-) Then pick my little man up from school.

dolphin13 Mon 13-Sep-10 13:37:07

I'm with GM sounds like a contraception.

Do you sing GM

dusty he may well have told me. I've been feeling really tired lately and very grumpy so not really listening to anyone.
I've just been looking at the menopause threads and got a horrilbe feeling the time is here. I don't feel old enough, it's not fair. sad

Think I'll have to give my mummy role to one of you lot and I can be granny.

dustycups Mon 13-Sep-10 16:12:11

ooooooo gm what is you talent??

eve come round to me i have things that wont lighten hair but will brighten it wink

dolphin oh hun thats not fun, my mum is going through it at the moment and is not having a great time! {big dusty hugs} <------ really nearly wrote my real life nickname then!! lol

Stray Mon 13-Sep-10 16:26:04

Lmao yeah I have a couple Lacuna Coil's albums! I have no Idea where the Wedgewood rooms are. will have to check with DH He is also a fan.

Stray Mon 13-Sep-10 16:26:42

Oh and hello to the new peeps ~wave~

dustycups Mon 13-Sep-10 16:30:40

THEY ARE SOLD OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [SAD]

Stray Mon 13-Sep-10 16:33:58

Just found the website That would have been fun

dustycups Mon 13-Sep-10 16:38:04

knew you would appreiciate good music stray!

oh well think i may have to pay stupid amounts for tickets to see linkin park in november!

mumbar Mon 13-Sep-10 16:42:08

Glad you all thought it was a conteaception - I read it as lacuna coil (its a b*r*and)

Spot the resident dyslexic grin

Glad you've all had a good day - I'm shattered but just doing dinner then homework with DS, bath , reading and bed. Think I may go not long after him wink

dustycups Mon 13-Sep-10 16:49:47

oh i need you lovely ladies to help me!

i have made a vow to tell a very special lady that i love her everyday in a slightly different way, yesterday i said it in swahili but i struggling for an idea tonight, just using a different language lacks imagination!

mumbar Mon 13-Sep-10 17:18:24

Te quiero is spanish

Stray Mon 13-Sep-10 18:13:36

or say it with flowers

dolphin13 Mon 13-Sep-10 18:16:26

Awww that's lovely dusty

Get a packet of the love heart sweets. One of them says I love you.

mumbar Mon 13-Sep-10 18:25:59

Oh dolphin you old romantic grin

dustycups Mon 13-Sep-10 18:56:22

dolphin you gonna eat the rest of them!

kinda got to be done by tx!

dustycups Mon 13-Sep-10 19:02:25

although it is a brillaint idea dolphin, my mind is whirring, i have plans now!

hope she dont kill me

dolphin13 Mon 13-Sep-10 19:05:36

I am crap at links but if you put in

ways to say I love you

there are loads of sites with some good idea.

The sweetie one was something my dh did one Valentines day. He put One on each stair leading to the bedroom grin

mumbar Mon 13-Sep-10 19:19:09

oh bless him that is sssssssssoooooooooo sweet. (excuse the pun)

dolphin13 Mon 13-Sep-10 19:24:13

He is very romantic

That's not to say he's not a complete PITA the rest of the time

Eve34 Mon 13-Sep-10 19:27:17

Dusty - could you take a picture of something? heart shaped sandwich? etc etc. The options are endless. Will be round in 5 mins to get this brigthening thing - sounds interesting :-)

Hope everyone is having a lovely evening been to frankies and bannies for tea as I couldn't be bothered to cook. How the size of a house as always

Dolphin - hope you are ok not looking forward to it myself hoping it is a little time yet only 38 this birthday..... hang on in there.

dustycups Mon 13-Sep-10 19:43:57

oh the possibilities and she is so worth the effort smile

that is really sweet dolphin

eve i have blue, green, pink or purple, and a big box of bleach!!!!
infact must do mine tonight!

Eve you look very familiar do you attend groups in portsmouth either now or in past

Dusty time to get baking making cakes, plaster of paris collages etc

Dolphin who says romance is dead?

GM what is your talent?

Mumbar hope you ok too

dustycups Mon 13-Sep-10 20:08:40

lm1 i tempted to do something a group tomoz but dont no what yet! has to be subtle cos dont want to embarras her!

GMajor7 Mon 13-Sep-10 20:26:37

Hi all.

I'm one of those annoying singer-songwriter-guitar types I'm afraid blush Perhaps Dusty could write a love song/recite a self-penned poem??

GMajor7 Mon 13-Sep-10 20:30:45

My folkss have been married for 40+ years and I once remember that one day my mum hid little notes, poems, love hearts, flowers,chocs, teddies and suchlike all around the house in places she knew my dad would look as part of his daily routine i.e. bread bin, tea caddy etc. and then went out for the day, so all day long he was finding reminders of their love, which I tought was rather cute!

Hi Gm if that how you happy that's great smile

dustycups Mon 13-Sep-10 20:47:08

good for you GM7 i love to write song lyrics just never get the time anymore.

mumbar Mon 13-Sep-10 21:15:54

Hey all, I have posted a thread in AIBU. Its called 'not to go to DS dads wedding'. I've named changed as information could out me and don't want it attached to my usual name - if that makes sense. Can you have a look and see what you think and post some advice - cheers ladies.

dustycups Mon 13-Sep-10 21:18:03

will do chick!!

Eve34 Mon 13-Sep-10 21:26:35

Dusty - will give it some thought - def getting braver as I get older. Been toying with the idea of a bold colour been put through if the offers is there :-)

LM1 - i was on a local mummy website for a shortwhile mainly portsmouth lassess met one or two of them, but life got too busy and couldn't keep up with it all.

GM7 and dusty and LM1 few talented ladies in our mists maybe you should knock a few tunes out together!!!

GM7 how cute is your mum DP would go nuts and tell me I am being silly but think he would like it really!

Mumbar will go and have a look :-)

dustycups Mon 13-Sep-10 21:29:46

you fancy it eve ill arrange a mn girly night in at my house with everyone and then ill do it then. google for some pictures of the sort of thing you would like!

dolphin13 Mon 13-Sep-10 21:38:05

Wow mumbar I just glanced at that thread and wondered if it was you (don't worry no reason for thinking it was you. You just came into my mind, how strange).

Will go read properly and get back to you.

mumbar Mon 13-Sep-10 21:40:51

Mumber plays ex files music for Dolphin!!!

Don't know why its bothering me now - just guilt I guess for DS.

dustycups Mon 13-Sep-10 21:43:01

{sends mumbar big dusty hugs}
fucking men huh!!!

Eve34 Mon 13-Sep-10 21:44:29

mumber - tell him to stuff it

dusty I will do that let me know when and where I am prepared to go for it just to shock DP ha ha

dustycups Mon 13-Sep-10 21:46:40

alright ill arrange something! what colours you thinking of???

dolphin13 Mon 13-Sep-10 21:47:47

How strange mumbar. Don't feel guilty he's a prat. Unless he pays for you and ds and you get a freebie holiday out of it I'd tell him to bog off.

I also think you are very thoughtful towards him considoring he didn't treat you that well. You are a better woman than me well done.

dustycups Mon 13-Sep-10 21:56:35

i think you have given plenty to that man including a gorgeous son, you definalty dont owe him anything else!

{repeats said sentance to myself}

mumbar Mon 13-Sep-10 22:03:15

thanks lovelies.

dustycups Mon 13-Sep-10 22:22:22

LISTEN UP GIRLIES!!!!!!! i gonna have a night in at my place just not sure when, will be next month some time!!! im gonna do this to eves hair and anyone else who fancys a bit of colour!!

dolphin13 Tue 14-Sep-10 10:14:51

WOW that is stunning.

dustycups Tue 14-Sep-10 12:47:14

not a great picture and looked so better in real lfe but this is how mine looked when i did them colours, rather than just the tips!

photo

dustycups Tue 14-Sep-10 14:13:39

had the letter i was dreading, SS coming to visit me!! sad

oh and also got letter for my estate agent saying i have a house inspection on the 5th of october!!! oh fucking joy so i need to clean up my act, my parenting and my house(although thats not to bad)

Dusty they coming to visit that's all you are going to be fine if anything they will help you. Will ring you for a chat.

mumbar Tue 14-Sep-10 18:55:52

Dusty - it will be fine. A letter stating a routine visit is not a concern - its letting you know they are offering support.
We discussed how your getting people to pay attention re DS1 - perhaps mention it to SS, they will be able to help.

sending your unMN hugs xx

Eve34 Tue 14-Sep-10 19:20:50

Dusty - if I can do anything am happy to help and that hair do is great i can't wait. I am sure it is nothing to worry about they are there to help but understand feeling anxious about it.

Sure you are a fantastic mum

a LM1 is in the house bump feeling all sorts of mixed emotions today so not sure what I feel

mumbar Tue 14-Sep-10 19:28:16

Oh LM 1 are you OK???

Wanna talk???

I was feeling like that yesterday hence the AIBU thread. But everyone told me he's a prize pillock so that cheered me up grin

Right off to do some more ironing now. I'll be back in a bit. If anyone wants to send a PM on FB please do and let me know here that you have - iykwim.

Hi mumbar have told dusty some of what going on, Sure I jinxed her today blush

I don't want to go into too much detail on here but let's just say doctor made me feel so low told me my throat and breathing pain is due to being overweight and all my own fault. When I mentioned lack of sleep was told it means I have time to plan my meals then.

mumbar have sent you facebook message too

dustycups Tue 14-Sep-10 19:58:47

evening all!!!

thanks mumbar and eve! im sure it will be fine, guess these things just carry a bad stigma, i no im not a bad parent, my kids live in warm clean house, eat home cooked food everynight, have nice clothes etc etc and r very very loved but guess they worried about them witnessing me cutting and things (which they dont)

eve- i just dyeing mine atm!

LM1- really glad you felt you could ring me when you felt that low, dont no what great support i am right now, but im here!

mumbar Tue 14-Sep-10 20:07:39

LM 1 sad I had a nurse tell me to stop drinking and lose weight 2 1/2 months after I had DS as my liver was inflamed. I wasn't drinking as had been BF and had lost 10kg since his birth - Im only 5kg lighter than I was then now grin

Gonna go and read the message on facebook.

Hate to be a smug cow but I've had a good day despite DS waking me up at 5.30am hmm he'd wet the bed. Met new pupil today who is lovely.

GMajor7 Tue 14-Sep-10 20:09:28

Hello! Hope you're all good. It's absolutely throwing it down outside and my very wet cat has just jumped on me for a cuddle eeew!

I also started a thread today but, er, don't think anyone's interested blush.

I'm basically after ideas for modern cover versions to help me get my act a bit more up to date.

dustycups Tue 14-Sep-10 20:09:30

scrapped the 'i love you' in a million languages thing and sent her message tonight saying 'lets face it what ever language i say it in it still means nothing to you and hurts like hell for me. i trying my best just to be your friend!!!' sad

right i need a drink!!!

dolphin13 Tue 14-Sep-10 20:15:15

dusty please don't worry they will try to support you.
I've only met you once and it was very obvious you are a good mum (and believe me I meet enough crap ones to compare)
If there is ANYTHING I can do to help please please ask. I really mean that.

Big hugs to you

GMajor7 Tue 14-Sep-10 20:17:19

Ever feel that you've joined a conversation at the wrong time? blush

mumbar Tue 14-Sep-10 20:18:03

<<hands dusty a virtual vodka>>

Dolphin - I have to go into the library on Saturday so will be in town.I have to pop into optitions aswell. Are you able to make it for a coffee?? Oh and remind me to buy DS trainer soxs - I told him to wear just soxs on the fine stone beach when he was away as it was getting in his croc and his plimsolls and they are stained beyond repair grin

GMajor7 Tue 14-Sep-10 20:19:07

<slopes off>

gm it never the wrong time sorry i just on big downer today

was looking at your other thread too

mumbar Tue 14-Sep-10 20:20:57

Sorry GMajor7. blush

Did read your message - what cover version songs do you want pop, rock, ballards etc?? Whats your range?? What voice have you got??

Any particular key !!!

dustycups Tue 14-Sep-10 20:22:54

no GM7 DONT GO!!!

GMajor7 Tue 14-Sep-10 20:23:14

Hehe no worries

mumbar Tue 14-Sep-10 20:23:55

Sorry internet crashed then.

Gmajor7 we have just got the heavy rain here obviously following us down the M27!!

WARNING - pompey peeps your about to get a monsoon grin

GMajor7 Tue 14-Sep-10 20:26:08

Er, well I currently sing around 300 covers plus my own stuff, but the covers I do are only up to 1990s, so I want to try some stuff that's a bit more 'with it'. Being an old fart I need help choosing! Any key will do as I play guitar and can change it to suit. Guess I've got about 3.5 octaves on a good day.

GMajor7 Tue 14-Sep-10 20:28:49

Not all on one night though I might add!

have posted ideas on other thread

GMajor7 Tue 14-Sep-10 20:29:24

Cheers. I'll take a look!

dolphin13 Tue 14-Sep-10 20:36:00

mumbar I'm on a course for the next two Saturdays sorry would have loved a cuppa. GM I'm an old fart reckon I would love your stuff.
LM I'd be making sure I didn't see that doc again. What a cheeky unsympathetic git. I'm starting slimming world with dd1 next week but it's bloomin hard to lose weight especially when your surrounded br LOs all day.

dustycups Tue 14-Sep-10 20:37:42

GM can we come watch you perform sometime!

GMajor7 Tue 14-Sep-10 20:38:33

I agree dolphin the old ones are the best!
I also concur with regard to LM's quack. What a complete pillock....and that is helpful how??

dolphin i lost nearly 3 stone with slimming world extra easy worked well for me

GMajor7 Tue 14-Sep-10 20:40:10

I play quite alot in Pompey, Southsea, Southampton etc. but couldn't possibly say more than that on MN! It really isn't that exciting I promise.

dustycups Tue 14-Sep-10 20:40:52

mumbar the monsoon is here!!

GMajor7 Tue 14-Sep-10 20:41:20

3 stones! wow. Sounds bloody good to me. I'm still working on my caesarian flap, but it dooesn't seem to be shifting...

dustycups Tue 14-Sep-10 20:41:38

gm you on facebook!??

GMajor7 Tue 14-Sep-10 20:43:22

Maybeeeee

GMajor7 Tue 14-Sep-10 20:43:51

Sorry, bit cagey...still no idea how this all works!

gm was great to loose it all but due to stress have regained it all sad

dolphin13 Tue 14-Sep-10 20:46:34

LM that's brilliant, I'll be happy if I can do that.

Can we come and see you GM we could make it a meet up.

GMajor7 Tue 14-Sep-10 20:46:45

So easily done when crisp multipacks and choccy biccies lurk in the cupboards though.

GMajor7 Tue 14-Sep-10 20:47:42

Aw, but then I'd be working...

dustycups Tue 14-Sep-10 20:49:26

oh i have hair that goes pink, blue, pink, blue!!

GM7 dont be afraid, its ok most of us r CRB checked grin
you wanna add me on facebook my name is barney taylor!

that just it I don't eat crisps or chocolate i don't drink or smoke (boring i know) i do have couple of takeaways a week if i am honest but ate them on slimming world too just choose very sensibly what to have

GMajor7 Tue 14-Sep-10 21:07:02

It's a bugger isn't it. I'm well into my 30s now and in the last few months I've noticed that I now have quite bad 'ahem' arm cellulite blush No idea how I got it or how to get rid.

dustycups Tue 14-Sep-10 21:26:59

i managed to get into a pair of jeans today that i last fitted into 2 years ago today, well chuffed!! have put alot of work in though and a lot more to go! then im gonna go out and find me the woman of my dreams!!

are you in portsmouth or southampton gm?

dustycups Tue 14-Sep-10 21:29:41

gm stupid question but have you got dc's and how old??

GMajor7 Tue 14-Sep-10 21:31:18

Scummer.

envy at dusty. Still 2 dress sizes too big for my pre-preg denim.

Eve34 Tue 14-Sep-10 21:31:46

dusty bet your hair looks great. GM7 we have to come and see you - 90's music is my era!!! I am sure you rock. Although I very much like the sterophonic and the foo fighters.

LM1 - my GP always blames my wight for whatever I am complaining about - it is so hard - lost loads 2000 and kept it off til 2007 but had horrid PND and have ate not stop for 3 years. Things back on track now so looking forward to getting a bit more active now DS is at pre school.

Day off tomorrow - half day thursday, DS birthday party thursday and thomas land Friday he is very excited. Just hope it stays dry for us.

gm if you lived nearer maybe we could have done slimming world together

dustycups Tue 14-Sep-10 21:36:46

i am still 3 sizes bigger than i was pre-kids but have just dropped two since xmas!

GMajor7 Tue 14-Sep-10 21:37:45

LM I shouldn't complain as I'm only a size 12. Spent years and years looking like a joss stick and now I'm much bigger it's taking some getting used to, but I know I should be grateful. More miffed about the loose skin on my abdomen really <wobble>

dustycups Tue 14-Sep-10 21:38:01

eve r you in pompey, you and your ds look familer!

dustycups Tue 14-Sep-10 21:39:45

ooo nearly time for this is england 86!

GMajor7 Tue 14-Sep-10 21:41:42

sorry dusty just seen your post. I have a 7 month old little girl smile

that what I thought too dusty just trying to think where from thought it might have been surestart in somerstown

dustycups Tue 14-Sep-10 21:45:22

never been, so cant be there!

hmmm not sure where then

Eve34 Tue 14-Sep-10 21:58:48

No not a portsmouth girl live in eastleigh was a member of us proud parent for a while but couldn;t keep up with it all. But hey you know me now :-)

not sure what us proud parent is but yes will know you well soon

mumbar Tue 14-Sep-10 22:46:29

Hey sorry I've only just got back. Friend rang then teacher emailed wanting planning then had to get stuff ready for DS school my work tomorrow.

Sorry to LM1 sort of abondonned you mid chat blush

I like the idea of a group slimming world but how about we did some kind of MN group slim. find a diet that works, each pay £1 or whatever when we meet and use the money at the end on a day out meet up?? Not sure how we would find time to meet but it would be fun. I would like to lose some weight too. I'm also 2 sizes bigger post DS and theres no excuse now he's 6yo blush

Doplhin sorry forgot about the course, maybe in a few weeks then.

GM7 - what sort of songs do you wnat? Ilove the 80's stuff personally and wouls also love to come see you perform.

Right off to bed for me as alarm will go off at 6am sad

mumbar I know slimming world works for me just need the enthusiasm

dustycups Tue 14-Sep-10 23:19:46

dusty is rather pissed and heartbroken!! not a good combo!!!

gonna need the dark glasses tomoz!!!

night all gonna try and sleep again

Eve34 Wed 15-Sep-10 09:25:06

Morning

Dusty hope you are ok, they aren't worth it, hope the hang over isn't too bad :-(

LM1 hope you got a good nights sleep.

I have a day off today to do some house work deep joy - tell me I know how to have fun!!!

Hope everyone has a good day. DP has an interview today so keep everything crossed :-)

dustycups Wed 15-Sep-10 09:45:59

morning!!! i feel like this -------> envy (well the green bit anyway)

really shoudnt get like that over her, i just love her soo much!! {awaits lm1 saying 'i dont no why??'}

Stray Wed 15-Sep-10 09:52:10

Morning All

morning all

dusty hope your hangover not too bad you know my thoughts i not gonna nag you just want you to be careful

managed to sleep 5 hours smile

dustycups Wed 15-Sep-10 12:03:02

had a very big heart to heart with her night!

managed to avoid her this morning but gonna have to go see her in a mo up the preschool!
biscuit

dustycups Wed 15-Sep-10 14:11:39

check out this thread

really heart warming, but you may cry!!

dustycups Wed 15-Sep-10 16:27:11

angryangryangryangryangryangry!!!!!

Eve34 Wed 15-Sep-10 17:45:28

dusty -why the angry faces ????

dusty we are all behind you 500% you know we will all help wherever we can. At least you know nobody here feels ill of you.

Eve she needs support for tomorrow and is angry that she having to go through all this won't say more as it up to dusty what else she wants to tell people.

Eve34 Wed 15-Sep-10 19:25:53

Sure those that are in know have rallied around. Fingers crossed everything goes well.

mumbar Wed 15-Sep-10 19:52:44

Dusty sorry your feeling so sad and angry

Anything I can do give me a shout.

LM1 how are you today??

Eve how was the houseowrk ! If your off tomorrow want to come round and do mine !!!???

stray glad you'vge come back Hows DD and DS?? Is DS glad to be back at school? Is DD in school yet?

GM7 hows the song hunt going?? What sort of songs do you want.

If you go to you tube and search julia@yfactor have a look at it and let me know what you think??

Dolphin how are you? How did FDS apointment at the hospital go today?

My day been good, busy at work but fun and managed all DS homework again this evening!! Wonder if I'll keep that up all year hmm

Eve34 Wed 15-Sep-10 19:55:46

mumber sounds like you have had a good day - sorry to say am doing birthday party tomorrow so got balloons to blow up - etc. Have been very lazy and brought everything from asda!!!! bad mummy that I am.

dustycups Wed 15-Sep-10 19:58:47

eve sorry felt so angry i couldnt explain. i have just found out that i wasnt the doctor that has reported me to social services (i thought he had as i have been self harming again). so it was someone else that has reported me.
so pissed off, my kids r healthy and happy, they have a nice, clean home with everything they could ever ask for, they have a fresh home cooked meal everynight, they have nice clothes, they r loved more than anything in the world. i dont smack them only occasionally shout at them, they r taken out places everyday and life is about fun!!! just cos i have mental health problem dont mean i cant care for my kids right?

mumbar Wed 15-Sep-10 20:07:43

Oh Dusty sorry. I too presumed it was GP referral hence the letter not just turning up. Like you said you have nothing to worry about smile be polite and shut the door nicely behind them. They'll offer support of you need and want it.

eve34 Oh I'm a bad mum too then as DS stuff all camefrom adsa too!! (and I didn't have balloons!) I did make him a cake for the BBQ round my mums. Me, mum and DS all 2 days apart for birthday.

dustycups Wed 15-Sep-10 20:20:26

so so so nervous, dont no what they have been told about me!

yep we a asda party family too!

Eve34 Wed 15-Sep-10 20:45:41

Dusty they have to do their job, you can show them the safe and loving environment the children have.

Sorry to hear you self harm, I have had terrible depression over the past 3 years and have been so close to hurting myself. Hope you have access to the help that is out there. Will be thinking of you.

On the up side I have heated some mini pizza does that count as cooking!! :-)

dustycups Wed 15-Sep-10 21:00:13

i have been a self harmer since i was 13, feels like it just part of me (no it shouldnt be) sorry to hear you felt like that, its so damn tough aint it!

yeah that counts as cooking, be proud of yourself grin

dolphin13 Wed 15-Sep-10 21:33:26

dusty try and be more confident, it is obvious what a good mum you are and they will see that. Hopefully you will be offered the support and help that you want or need.

eve we had mini pizzas as well grin

dustycups Wed 15-Sep-10 21:35:40

dolphin am ready to prove that to them!!

mumbar Wed 15-Sep-10 22:33:57

Ah mini pizzas thats where I'm going wrong - I cook a whole one grin

<makes mental note to self - thats why diet isn't working wink>

We had chicken curry and rice tonight. <yummy emotion>

dustycups Wed 15-Sep-10 22:40:46

mumbar grin

Hi mumbar bit better today thanks got some money at last and throat bit better but now found out two friends need me to support them through really tough times so i better start looking after myself or i won't be of any help to either of them

eve i only do hot food at parties sausages, burgers fish fingers and chips with beans & peas always go down well

Dusty am here if you need me

mumbar Thu 16-Sep-10 06:55:41

Morning all xxx

Quickly popping in to say Hi as off to work in a bit then going to library afterwards to avoid town on Saturday smile

Hope everyone has a good day xx

Eve34 Thu 16-Sep-10 08:34:13

morning all

Dusty - you show em girl :-)

Party food is such a nightmare - hope it is ok! only have 6 children coming but have enough to feed the street I think. I need to get out more I know.

Nearly the weekend we are off to the out laws in Nottingham.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

dustycups Thu 16-Sep-10 09:17:12

oh eve do pop in and say hi to my mum while you there! have fun! the accent round there drives me mad!!

off with a friend for coffee before they come!! feeling sick!

dolphin13 Thu 16-Sep-10 13:02:13

Hope it went ok dusty

dustycups Thu 16-Sep-10 13:09:00

all went fine dolphin! they have no concerns about my abilties whatsoever!!!

is 1pm to early for a glass of wine!! grin

never too early after the week you have had here have mine too grin

dolphin13 Thu 16-Sep-10 14:05:10

grin grin grin

You go for it. Just the one though. Have the rest when the LOs are tucked up wink.

Well done, that must be a huge weight off your mind. You must now concentrate on yourself and stop doing stuff for everyone else.

Little hitch with my LOs. Can't go into details but they are not leaving me just yet.

Eve34 Thu 16-Sep-10 14:44:41

Dusty that is great news glad all is well. I know what you are saying about the accent - I live with it everyday he drives me mad!!!!

2 hours will the chaos starts think of me :-)

dustycups Thu 16-Sep-10 15:54:40

eve i find its the womans accent that is worse!

dolphin its a big relief but i now feel very emotionally drained, its been a long week!

think i will hit the drink later as dave is out so i can really chillax!!

mumbar Thu 16-Sep-10 17:48:04

Dusty grin Glad all OK, just relax and enjoy your DC's now xxxx

Dolphin Hope your OK, Hope FDS hospital apt went OK, understand you can't give details on here but hope your alright.

Had another good day today, my mum went to visit my cousins baby who was premmie she's doing well which is lovely but cousins GF is feeling the strain sad.

Anyone going to splash pool on Sunday - think I might check it out with DS so could meet you there ?

dustycups Thu 16-Sep-10 17:57:47

mumbar was just saying to lm1 about meeting up on sunday! if the weather is good ill meet up with you, anyone else???

glad the baby doing really well but must be so so hard for them!!

mumbar Thu 16-Sep-10 19:40:02

Thanks Dusty - Yeah I think meeting down the splash pool - I've not been yet and VERY jealeous!!! Is 11am OK ? I'll bring picnic lunch for DS probably unless there's somewhere to get chips a healthy organic lunch with fruitshoot fresh fruit smoothies grin

dustycups Thu 16-Sep-10 19:55:44

yeah 11 is fine! will have to see what the weather is like on that morning, maybe we could do somethng else if it chilly! yeah i will take picnic for mine too as there not much about for food!
ill pm my phone number to you on fb

mumbar Thu 16-Sep-10 20:03:53

Great. DS is at sisters for the night before so if he's sleep deprived he may be a little stroppy - apologies in advance!!!

If weather forecast is awful for Sunday what about KK after lunch?? We could make the decision Saturday if forcast is clear cut - eg rain!!! I'll be driving down so can meet anywhere its not a problem - just wanna park somewhere free blush

ALL welcome BTW grin

dustycups Thu 16-Sep-10 20:13:46

ok, if it crap we can do kk! yeah will make final decision sat!
dont think Lm1 can come and eve is away!
anyone else want to join us your welcome!

LM1 i can still meet you sat if ya want!

can't miss a meet up now can i so rearranged things so free Sunday now as I moved my plans til Saturday. grin

dustycups Thu 16-Sep-10 20:29:19

smile

dolphin

GM7

stray

have i missed anyone

YOU COMING!!!!!!

mumbar Thu 16-Sep-10 20:31:47

LM1 grin Thats what I call commitment rearranging your wk/end around MN!!!

Hope DD had fun at brownies tonight.

Poor DS face came up again tonight - something tells me it was planting the daffodils in the church garden confused That was at 4pm and it happened at 6.30pm or else it was the shampoo when I washed his hair - but he's used this shampoo loads of times hmm

Just made my resources for lessons tomorrow smile, 1 day left then the weekend grin

dustycups Thu 16-Sep-10 20:44:37

she just loves us mumbar

poor ds, it must drive him mad!

its friday tomoz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mumbar Thu 16-Sep-10 21:03:06

Not sure it bothers him iyswim?? He seems agitated but he doen't realise why until the itching starts but I nipped it in the bud tonight. He doesn't look in the mirror - which is probably a good thing wink as then he'd notice!!

course i love you all if dolphin gonna be the nan i bagsie a place as mum

dustycups Thu 16-Sep-10 21:54:58

i guess that makes me the baby right!

baby or little sister you can choose

mumbar Thu 16-Sep-10 22:23:19

bagsy 'the village idiot ' grin

so where do dolphin stray and gm7 fit in?

dustycups Fri 17-Sep-10 09:49:53

morning all!

yeah i guess im the little sister!

mumbar grin

i will have to meet eve and Gm7 before assinging roles!!! lol

morning bit hard today ds2 screamed as I left he hurt himself at lunchtime yesterday and nobody told me he said he cried for me and dp

dustycups Fri 17-Sep-10 10:11:04

sad not good LM1. nearly the weekend and you can smother him with lots of cuddles!!

dustycups Fri 17-Sep-10 20:56:55

where is everyone tonight!!!!! i thought as we didnt get to the comedy club tonight you could all tell me a joke insted, need a laugh!

no jokes sorry still got weirdo chasing me on fb just been to get a curry that doctor made me

dustycups Fri 17-Sep-10 21:16:25

ooooooo make sure i get all the juicy details!

come on fb then

mumbar Sat 18-Sep-10 07:16:56

morning all xx

Hope you had a good Friday. Sorry I didn't pop on ;ast night we had the Letter yesterday that OFSTED coming next week so was working late !!!

Won't be on tonight as helping backstage at a charity event but may get the chance to pop on during the day.

If not I'm still up for tomorrow - weather saying cloud and maybe drizzle so shall we wait until tomorrow to make the decision?? We can text when we decide.

Dolphin enjoy your course.

Hi tomorrow they having a pirate day at new theatre royal. 2pm til 4pm free drama singing treasure hunts etc if you wear fancy dress you get free drink too. Have loads of Pirate clothes if you need any

dustycups Sat 18-Sep-10 20:17:16

booooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! grin

just sat here enjoying coffee and weekly biscuit

dustycups Sun 19-Sep-10 07:59:00

morning all!!!

your gonna have to be gentle with me today, ended up out last night and feeling a little gentle today.

wondering if it gonna be warm enough for splash pool!

dusty we will be gentle

I was gonna just wrap mine up if necessary yesterday was cold til bout half ten then warmed up

dustycups Sun 19-Sep-10 08:37:41

ok! was thinking r you alright for car seats??
i can make my own way if it easier!

yes have car full of them

dustycups Mon 20-Sep-10 16:02:27

HEY!!!!! how is everyone, where is everyone????

mondays r soooo hetic, have just sat down for cuddles with the little ones for 5 minutes.

have commitee meeting tonight and suspect it gonna be a long one!!! yuk!

mumbar Mon 20-Sep-10 19:07:39

Hey just popping on quickly, had a good day, hope everyone else has too.

Not staying lots to do OFSTED tomorrow and Wednesday hmm

hey I here had full gov meet always looooonngggg good luck for tomorrow mumbars work

dustycups Tue 21-Sep-10 20:02:51

hey!! have you seen the new inbox at top of screen when your signed in, so we can send each other private messages!

me and Lm1 were very excited grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

mumbar Tue 21-Sep-10 20:53:38

yes I did!!! But don't you have to subscibe to CAT or something??? Or is this one free???

dustycups Wed 22-Sep-10 16:11:31

mumbar it must be that ofsted r in the area as they were at the preschool and as a commitee member and a parent of 4 years there guess who had to have a little chat with them!

mumbar Wed 22-Sep-10 17:33:44

They obsereved a lesson today - trust them to pick the one i'm in - and I wasn't even meant to be there grin

Glad they didn't ask me anything I think I'd have turned into a quivering wreck.

dustycups Wed 22-Sep-10 18:29:02

it was horrible i didnt no what to say!

glad it went ok for you!

Eve34 Wed 22-Sep-10 18:57:34

Evening ladies, typical you get to meet up and I am away.

Jacob had great birthday - party thursday pm, thomas land fri which was great. got on lots of rides. Grandparents for the weekend and Bournemouth monday to see my dad. Think that is the rounds done til christmas :-)

Hope all is well? Ofsed yuk! I use to have CSCI inspection when I ran nursing homes glad not to be doing that anymore.

I have finsihed work for the week so going to get some jobs done hopefully this weekend :-)

ooh eve jealous I have two more days at work sad

Glad your ds had nice birthday

We will meet up again soon I promise

dustycups Wed 22-Sep-10 20:17:53

glad he had a nice birthday eve

im having a good week and a bad week together does that make it a ok week!

Eve34 Wed 22-Sep-10 20:20:18

sounds normal dusty - just keep thinking happy thoughts :-)

dolphin13 Thu 23-Sep-10 14:07:57

Hello all. Sorry I've not been around, had a bit of a rubbish time lately and I do tend to retreat into myself at times likes this.
Have one best friend I chat to but other than her keep things to myself.

Anyway given myself a kick up the bum, been to doctors re the menopausal symptoms. He's not sure that's what it is so doing loads of tests involving my blood and big needles grin

Started slimming world last night need to lose about 3 stone. Doing leek and potato soup tonight. I am in the zone.

Hope all your ofsted inspections are going ok, they are everywhere at the moment.

eve glad LO had a good birthday. We've not been to Thomas land I think my 5 year old would like it there.

Got visit from SW today. I let my 5 and 7 year old move into same bedroom as they really wanted to share so got to have safety check done.

Hi dolphin sorry you are having such a hard time of it all. Fingers crossed it all gets better. Would be great to pick your brains on fc soon.

Good luck with slimming world extra easy was great for me lots 3 stone in 6 months was so grin unfortunately put it all back on through accumulation of bad luck and am angry with myself as I will have to start again

Eve34 Thu 23-Sep-10 14:26:22

hello all, Dolphon glad you are back on track some times we need abit of time out. Hope the visit went well. Sure you are doing a great job.

Slimming world sounds good, I followed WW but it has all gone back on as ever. Need to get back to it though just need DP to get on track - he leads me astray.

dolphin13 Thu 23-Sep-10 14:39:13

LM why pick my brains are you thinking of doing it?. There are 2 childminders on the course I am helping to run at the moment.

3 stone in 6 months, that is brilliant hope I can do that. Trouble is it does go back on again doesn't. If I can do it I will be going for life that's the only way I will keep it off.

eve my DHs rubbish he loves me no matter how big I am which is lovely but sometimes I do wish he would kick my butt a bit.

hi dolphin no not myself at moment although in the future who knows would be good to chat to you about what you tell children bit of a tricky situation in the family next time you on fb will catch you

dustycups Thu 23-Sep-10 19:03:11

hey dolphin!!! sorry you having a tough time of it at the moment! was starting to wonder where you were!

i am following the just eat 3 meals and nothing more diet and have just dropped another size {smug!!}.

mumbar Thu 23-Sep-10 20:37:46

Dophin - sorry your having a rough time of it. Hope SW visit went OK??

Good luck with SW - glad your in the zone but seriously you look great and not like you need to lose 3 stone.

I think I have a gyne problem and have GP apt next week. Any ideas - however grim gratefully recieved. Basically for the last year I have had ovulation pain which was quite intense for a few months. Then got quite a few clots in my period but on the border line of big enough to see GP. Yesterday I lost a huge clot and oday just feel washed out (altho that could be after effects of OFSTED!). Had quite a few more clots to - but flow isn't that heavey iyswim? Mt stomach is quite bloated too?? Please warm me what it could be so nothing a shock when I see GP - or can this still be normal (altho bloody terrifying)???

mumbar Thu 23-Sep-10 20:38:32

Eve glad DS had a great birthday - sounds like you need a holiday to recover grin

dustycups Thu 23-Sep-10 21:33:30

WHO THE HELL HAS KILLED FACEBOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [SAD]

MUMBAR i actually have no idea why you are having such problems but i no i would definatly be heading for the doctors! hope it nothing to worry about!

mumbar Fri 24-Sep-10 07:17:08

Whats that about facebook???

sorry did not get online last night had two friends with really bad news both needed my support.

mumbar dp had this a mirena coil solved it all. smile

dusty sure it was my sister who killed facebook it all worked til she got on there

dustycups Fri 24-Sep-10 08:03:46

an hour and a half i was without facebook and mn kept going down too! radio wasnt working on the tele!! all my friends were txting me paniking!
it was like a natural disaster!

dolphin13 Fri 24-Sep-10 15:11:04

mumbar that sounds awful hope your doctor can get in sorted quickly.

dusty lol at you with facebook.

LM hope your friends are ok.

My news today is that DH and I had long chat with DS and DD1 last night with the result that we are going to foster the 2 LOs long term. grin

Also taking a 15 year old girl next week so might not be around much.

dustycups Fri 24-Sep-10 16:07:30

wow! dolphin that is a big decision to make and so lovely that you involved the dc's in the decision!
and taking on a 15 yr old to!
you really are a amazing woman! xx

dolphin13 Fri 24-Sep-10 17:22:35

thankyou dusty. I always get a bit blush when people say nice stuff like that because we really do get more from fostering than we could ever give.
I get to be a SAHM which we could never afford.
My LOs get a big family and constant friends.
It pays very well (sounds harsh but it is a fact).
Best of all the job satisfaction has got to be more than any other job in the world.
When you help to make things better for a child who has suffered loads it is such an amazing feeling. We are only a small part of the team but I bloody love it.

dustycups Fri 24-Sep-10 17:54:20

smile smile smilesmile smile smilesmile smile smilesmile smile smilesmile smile smilesmile smile smilesmile smile smilesmile smile smilesmile smile smilesmile smile smilesmile smile smilesmile smile smilesmile smile smilesmile smile smilesmile smile smilesmile smile smile!!!!!

mumbar Fri 24-Sep-10 21:15:28

doplhin thats lovely grin don't get embarassed but you are amazing.

Eve34 Fri 24-Sep-10 21:24:48

Evening all Dolphin that is great lovely to have lots of family around extend or otherwise. Sure your children love it. We did considering fostering. Would love to give children the opportunity of a loving/stable family environment. You are a star :-)

Bit of a none starter day today did the house work and jobs but nothing else. I really do need to get out more! Any suggestions

ds having operation tomorrow sad the insect bite below his right knee has turned into an abscess doctor gonna operate under general

dustycups Sun 26-Sep-10 09:08:27

good luck to him today Lm1!! im sure he be a brave little pirate!!

oooooohhhhh what a night i had last night!!!!!!!!!! wink

ds doing well he home and happy

Eve34 Sun 26-Sep-10 19:55:28

Dusty do tell :-)

LM glad all is well.

I have had a very boring weekend with DS. We went to stokes bay with his bike and picnic. And took the car to the car wash.

I have not seen another adult all weekend how sad is that!

Finally P is back with take away - he has been fishing all weekend grr

dustycups Sun 26-Sep-10 21:53:17

dusty pulled last night!! am very very happy today!!

mumbar Mon 27-Sep-10 20:21:31

well I take it it wasn't a muscle you pulled then grin

Eve34 Tue 28-Sep-10 15:06:33

anymore details then dusty!!

dustycups Tue 28-Sep-10 18:33:29

nope!!! spent 2 amazing days with a great woman, but she way to much in love with her ex to take things any further

mumbar Wed 29-Sep-10 18:55:02

Ha, got a letter last week for DS to go to optitions as 6 months since his last test. Seemed a bit quick for another, expected to go along and be in and out but 1 hour later have come out with stronger and reorganised lenses and now has to wear them all the time to prevent eye strain. Apparantly it's normal as LO eyes cope with pooerer vision but glasses relax the eyes and so the 'true' persription becomes apparent.

Hope all is well with everyone, I have a bugger of a sore throat but have 4 pupils off with a cold so perhaps I'm getting that sad.

Oh well weekend in 2 days grin

dolphin13 Wed 29-Sep-10 22:06:00

Evening ladies,
lm hope your ds is feeling better.

Good news dusty about time you had some fun hope it carries on.

mumbar think everyone I know has a cold at the moment. Hope you feel better soon.

My teenager is doing ok she hasn't run which she did all the time at her last place. I actually got her to spend a whole day in school today, first in a long time. It's a bit tense because she wont tell me what she likes to do, eat ect. Just says anything will be ok. She spends all her time in her room but she's got sky up there so pretty much normal teenage behaviour. Be nice if she starts to come out of herself a bit though.

mumworried Wed 29-Sep-10 22:16:53

dolphin if anyone can do it you can smile

LOL at normal teenage hibernation - probably spot on there grin Well done for getting her in school and the fact your asking her opinion is probably a good indication your doing the right thing as she hasn't bolted yet - even if she won't give you an answer grin

Hows FDS leg????

dustycups Thu 30-Sep-10 14:47:54

dolphin is mumworried a friend of yours??

mumbar Thu 30-Sep-10 16:40:32

no shes me - It was my friend this happened to and she asked me to post to get peoples opinions!!!

mumbar Thu 30-Sep-10 16:41:15

That makes no sense there is a post in CM and AIBU under mumworried grin

dolphin13 Thu 30-Sep-10 21:10:50

Oh I was wondering who she was. Still confused though. Are you posting under 2 names mumbar.

Had a lovely day today. It's my birthday got lots of lovely pressies although the LOs are more excited than me, lol.

FS is being a complete nightmare with the leg. He is refusing to make any effort to walk, the cast came off yesterday. If you try to make him he screams blue murder. I've spoken to the hospital and they say it definately won't be hurting him.

Eve34 Thu 30-Sep-10 22:01:54

evening all.

Dolphin glad the new addition seems to be settling in. Fingers crossed it works out

Dusty - any news???

Anyone thinking of going to the christmas do in london?

Weekend in stratford this weekend for my birthday. Although got to go with dp :-) looking forward to it but back to the decorating on out return the hall/stairs/landing carpet comes on friday next week so need to get on.

mumbar just read your original post as mw not that mw before you lot get excited :-P

Can tell we did not know each other then

Eve enjoy your birthday and weekend away

Dolphin I will swap you for one who has had surgery and will not rest but had the devil put in him :-(

dustycups Fri 01-Oct-10 20:02:13

hey folks, nothing exciting to tell in my world!
xdp staying at his girlfriends tonight, so nice to have the house just me and the kids, plus it means they r his all day sunday so i am free to do whatever i please!

dolphin13 Fri 01-Oct-10 21:45:43

Well I'm having a mare of a night. Read my story if you want over in fostering thread title " I just made a complete bloomin fool of myself" grin

dustycups Sat 02-Oct-10 10:47:30

dolphin! i hope your ok, i did comment on your thread last night! please let us no how things r going!

dolphin13 Sat 02-Oct-10 14:04:22

She was brought home by police at 10.30 last night. Very angry. We just had a chat she's calmed down now. I really like her. She's lovely with my LOs (on the rare occassion she leaves her room).
We will just have to see how it goes. Early days yet.

mumbar Sat 02-Oct-10 20:01:04

Hi all, no I'm not 2 people my friend was here in tears not knowing what to do so thought some perspective from the masses would help, I posted for her under a different name as quicker. grin

Dolphin what thread?? I'll try and read now hope you're ok.

dustycups Sun 03-Oct-10 01:53:59

glad you got her back dolphin and hope she finally see's that being with you is the best thing for her! not easy for her i know!

i have to share cos im very excited, but ssssshhh its a secret!!

DUSTY HAS A GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi people sorry been distant but life been bit up and down this week.

Dolphin just read your thread glad it happy ending but feel angry for you so naughty of sw to not inform you.

Dusty congratulations grin

Mumbar hope your friend sorted things only just read the thread hope she sorted things reading your original posts when it was you sounds like our conversation day we met

dustycups Mon 04-Oct-10 16:25:06

is there anyone in this world that dont want to try fuck my head up!!! can feel myself slipping down that horrible slope again!! sad

mumbar Tue 05-Oct-10 21:01:55

Sorry quick HI, not around much as Uni has started so got my head in a text book. Please do not think I'm ignoring anyone and hope to have a meet up half term if anyone around. xx

we are so rubbish this thread has not been anywhere as interesting as our last one sad

sorry I not been around lately but have had mental month of stress and now got more doctors appointments to look forward to sad but it sounds like dd finally gonna get the help she needs grin

dolphin13 Mon 11-Oct-10 21:06:35

Hey you lot where are you all there are newbies wanting friends. Don't be so rude.

I have been very busy but just had a fab weekend in London with DH and DS.
FD is still missing, been a week now so everyone is very worried sad.

LM glad DD is getting help hope you are feeling ok.

dusty been following your FB hope your up at the moment.

mumbar get your head out of the book, take a break and come and talk to us.

mumbar Wed 13-Oct-10 19:08:34

OK head out of book and geometry forgotten!!!

Went for my pelvic exam this morning <<not enjoyable emotion>>. GP taken swabs and did an internal, when she pushed externally there is what feels like bruising on my pelvis. I am experiencing the back, side groin?? Keeps moving and can't locate itpain but its possible it could be caused by scarroing from my ECS with DS.

Hope your all well. Dolphin sorry to hear about FD, not a fun time for you hope all works out well in the end??

LM - Glad your finally getting some support. Hope your OK too as know you weren't feeling to good when we spoke last.

Dusty, Stray, Eve, Gmajor - where are you ??? And anyone else I've forgotten.

Going to think of an interesting conversation to liven up this thread but at the minute all I can think about is " invariance in the midst of change" if anyone wants to discuss it grin

dustycups Fri 15-Oct-10 16:32:56

DUSTY IS HERE!!!!!!!

hey everyone! sorry i aint been around, sorry dolphin that i wasnt arou7nd to welcome newbies!! life is hetic but yeah im 'up' at the moment!! smile

we must get together in the half term!

dolphin13 Sat 16-Oct-10 21:33:29

Well there's no sign of them here dusty maybe we are to scary grin.

Would be great if we could all get together at half term my LOs have lots going on but hopefully we can sort something out.

LM hope things are going ok with dd.

blush to say I am just watching X factor and actually like Katie tonight, think she's winning me over.

MumBarTheDoorZombiesAreComing Sun 17-Oct-10 09:52:35

I love Mary and Matt. Wagner growing on me grin. Felt very sorry for Aiden and the boy group.

1/2 term great idea, no plans so far Dolphin so you name a day and I'll work around you. Anyone else up for it?? Something probably indoors!!!

dolphin13 Sun 17-Oct-10 10:57:00

Well my LOs have all there family contact during the hols. So I could do Monday afternoon, Tues or Fri at the moment. My teenager is still missing though so if she is found my plans would have to change.
Don't plan anything especially round me as I may have to let you down.

mumbar if you fancy coming coming round here for a playdate grin or meeting in Fareham that would be lovely.

MumBarTheDoorZombiesAreComing Sun 17-Oct-10 12:07:03

Oh yes could come round that sounds like a plan!! Anyday fine for me as have no definate plans at the mo, got a few ideas but nothing concrete and no certain days planned as yet.

Could pop round on the Monday afternnon after lunch. sad about your teenager - hopefully she'll be found safe and sound soon.

Eve34 Sun 17-Oct-10 13:06:37

Afternoon all.

Long time no chat :-) had lovely weekend in stratford only for it to be followed up by some sus messages on not so DP's facebook - which according to him I am blowing out of proportion!!!!

Have had lovely few days just me and DS he has been fantastic as always.

Half term is good for s - although off to my mum's on the friday for the weekend!

Dolphin - hope she turns up safe and sound soon.

Hugs (if you want them) to everyone else :-)

Hi sorry disappeared again. Just got back from doctors with ds he has another insect bite type lump which again is forming into a bloody abscess. He has double strength antibiotics for 7 instead of five days I am so hoping we can avoid surgery again.

DD has blood tests tomorrow she is going to need loads as blood there are three forms all with loads of tests. School are finally starting to realise what her problems are. We went somewhere different today and she broke down and could not cope it took ten minutes just to calm her enough to talk to her. I can feel a long and bumpy ride ahead but hopefully we will finally get her help she needs.

Not going to say about half term yet as no idea what medical delights my dc's will have in store but will see by friday how things are would be good to meet up again.

MumBarTheDoorZombiesAreComing Sun 17-Oct-10 22:44:06

sad LM1 - hope you dp and dc's get through this week ok. If you can't make a meet up (1/2 term) I could pop over for coffee, DS then not having to walk to far on his gammy leg and DD not having to cope with the change???

Let me know and call if theres anything I can do. xx

dolphin13 Mon 18-Oct-10 08:35:43

Oh lm sounds like your having a really tough time. Your poor LOs I really hope they get some help soon it must be awful for all of you.

Dd had blood tests yesterday 12 vials of blood sent off hopefully get all results within 4 - 6 weeks. hmm

Got letter from hospital about dd but basically all it said is to take her for blood tests and that she will be referred to speech and language therapist, camhs, and occupational therapist so it's good things are finally happening but I feel so unsure of what to expect at the moment. confused

Ds likely to be back at doctors tonight as abscesses he has antibiotics for are growing again sad

dustycups Tue 19-Oct-10 13:31:04

hey all!! had a mad weekend with ds's birthday! and thanks to having 9 boys running round the house ds2 has a sprained foot!

LM1 you really r having it tough right now, let me no if ya wanna meet up for a chat or come round! i been really busy laterly and we aint be able to chat much have we?

eve hope you sorting things out with dp! dosent sound good!

dolphin hope you get her back home soon

hope everyone else well! xxx

MumBarTheDoorZombiesAreComing Tue 19-Oct-10 22:19:16

LM1 sad Have they said whet the blood tests are for what they're checking them for? (obv don't post if you don't want to say).

Hope DS leg is getting better let me know if theres anything I can do to help?

Dusty Hellooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Glad DS enjoyed his birthday and sorry to hear about DS2 foot. My DS sprained his a few days before his 1st birthday and was actually quite amusing watching him walking then sitting down with a confused face as he couldn't comphrehend why it hurt grin <and wicked mummy laugh>

Eve is DP forgiven yet !! ???? Hope its all sorted.

Dolphin Hope alls well with u and your LO's and that FDD turns up soon.

dolphin13 Wed 20-Oct-10 14:33:03

Hi people, hope your all ok.

FD was found in another county shock last night. She is back now, she's really sweet but this is a very difficult placement.
Getting really fed up with school admissions. My other LOs are meant to be leaving their present school on Friday but we still haven't had the ok to move to the new schools angry.

Anyone up for a meet at MB next week.

dustycups Wed 20-Oct-10 17:14:16

hey!

mumbar loving the halloween name!

dolphin glad she was found! and grrrr at school admissions!!
def up for a meet up but what is MB!???

MumBarTheDoorZombiesAreComing Wed 20-Oct-10 20:16:33

Ah dolphin was going to ask if LO could go to school near you now they are permanant - hope it gets sorted soon.
Defo up for MB meet up - name the day.
Glad FD has been found - even if it was miles away - she sounds quite a resourceful young girl wink

Hope all are OK xx

Hi all feeling ok ish today just been to watch dd at brownies centenary.

ds's abscess looks like it gonna burst of it's own accord.

Mumbar blood tests were every possible thing including genetic, chromosome etc

Dolphin glad she has been found

Dusty hugs

Eve hope everything ok

dolphin13 Wed 20-Oct-10 22:11:05

ick at the abscess LM hope ds is ok.

dusty MB = Monkey Bizness in Gosport.

I'm free Monday pm, Tuesday and Friday whats good for everyone else.

I can't do monkey bizness as it stands because working funny hours next week. Also Dusty won't be able to get there as she has no car and is pita on public transport.

dustycups Thu 21-Oct-10 14:59:39

see why do i need to type when i have LM1 was just gonna say i cant get to monkey bizness sorry!

LM1 do you fancy that halloween day on the thursday at the stacey centre?? and anyone else who wants to come!

MumBarTheDoorZombiesAreComing Sun 24-Oct-10 09:28:42

Hi ya all hope alls OK.

Dolphin, I am free most of the time - is Tues pm any good for you at MB about 1/130ish after lunch???

dolphin13 Mon 25-Oct-10 22:17:54

No can do mumbar sorry. I am pretty much under house arrest with this girl.

Can't leave her alone because of risk of running and she wont come out anywhere with us. It's awful to be honest. Thought I'd got a few free hours today as all fc had contacts. I'd planned to take my 2 LOs out for lunch but it all kicked off with younger FCs parents. Police were involved, contact cancelled and very distressed children for me to deal with sad.

Teenager placement is not going to be a long one so hopefully things will be back to normal soon.

Hope everyones having a great half term and looking forward to Halloween grin

MumBarTheDoorZombiesAreComing Mon 25-Oct-10 23:22:55

Sorry to hear your having such a rough time. I'd suggest me visiting and having a chat but think you've probably got enough on your hands!!

I'd offer to take the LO's with DS to MB but I know they don't really know me and even if they did SS wouldn't allow it grin. They weren't even going to let me look after cousins FS when she was rushed to hospital until cousin pointed out I'm CRB'd with SN experience (FS had mild SN) and it would be better for him to be with me than more strangers. Must have been short staffed that day as they agreed!!!

Hope all gets better soon, we could meet up on a weekend when your free xx

They think they finally found out what causing ds2's abscesses they think they are hives from where we believed he grew out of the lactose intolerance that are then becoming easily infected. They have only appeared since returning to dairy and always have come up day after he has had something with high dairy in. On antibiotics again but hopefully this is last course!

Dolphin hope things improving for you!

MumBarTheDoorZombiesAreComing Fri 29-Oct-10 00:26:29

ah, that makes sense actually. When you think my DS hives cause extremly dry and pale skin it shows they can affect the skin in random ways.

Hope he's better soon. Give him big hugs from me.

SO.....When and where are we going for our Christmas meet up?

My suggestion:

Mozzarella Joes, Clarence Esplanade, Southsea, PO5 3AE
email: xmas@mozzarellajoes.com t: 023 9229 5004

Christmas 3course menu £14.95

22 November – 24 December 2010

Pumpkin & Parsnip Soup
homemade sweet pumpkin soup blended with roasted parsnips, served with ciabatta croutons

Joes Mozzarella Sticks
strips of creamy melted mozzarella coated in crumbs & crispy fried, with a cranberry dip

Homemade Paté
a smooth pork & chicken parfait with a caramelised onion marmalade

Prawn & Crayfish Cocktail
a seaside classic with chilled lettuce & ciabatta bread
…………………………………………………………………
Roast Turkey
turkey breast fillet filled with a sage & onion stuffing, wrapped with Wiltshire bacon,
served with roast potatoes & fresh seasonal vegetables

Lamb Shank
slow roasted lamb on the bone, with a red wine sauce,
served with roast potatoes & fresh seasonal vegetables

Salmon Calzone
our famous folded pizza pie filled with salmon, creamed spinach, mushrooms, onion
& cheese, topped with a garlic parmesan cream, served with a crisp side salad

Carnivore Calzone
our famous folded pizza pie filled with mushrooms, onion, pepperoni, ham, cheese &
bolognaise sauce, topped with pomodoro tomato sauce, served with a crisp side salad

Aubergine Risotto
aubergines stuffed with Mediterranean vegetable risotto, served with a Parmesan rocket salad
…………………………………………………………………
Chocolate Fudge Cake
a rich & moist sticky fudge cake layered with
gorgeous chocolate icing & served with cream

Cheese Cake
a smooth baked American style vanilla cheesecake
with a fresh raspberry drizzle & served with cream

Christmas Pudding
the perfect festive treat, served with hot custard

* an optional cover charge of 10% will be added to your bill

What dates are good for you in December? I can't do 4th 6th 11th 18th or 19th

MumBarTheDoorZombiesAreComing Sun 31-Oct-10 15:52:02

Looks yummy, I'm up for it if everyone else is. smile

dustycups Sun 31-Oct-10 20:51:37

count me in! was drooling just reading the menu!

dolphin13 Mon 01-Nov-10 18:34:55

Me too looks yummy

so when? is 3rd any good for people or 17th?

dustycups Tue 02-Nov-10 20:58:01

cant do 3rd have a 50th bday party but can do 17th!

Eve34 Tue 02-Nov-10 21:45:08

Count me in - sorry I have been awol. Need to post more so it doesn't fall off my watching list.

Hope everyone is well. All ticking along here, we have decorated the hall/stairs and landing - carpet being fitted on thursday thank god!!!

xx

dustycups Wed 03-Nov-10 09:47:11

will be great to meet you eve!!

mumbar Fri 05-Nov-10 20:17:19

17th good for me afiak. Obviously have to arrange childcare before deffinate yes, but it is a yes to that date and hope everyone confirms it too.

will ring and see if we can get that date if most can go for that

dolphin13 Mon 08-Nov-10 16:42:28

Hi folks I will try and get babysitter if dh is working so hopefully count me in.

Have booked for six people at 8:15pm £5 deposits needed week before at latest. I need definite yeses by 10th December plus your £5 please xmas here we come.

As I know at moment is LM1 DUSTY DOLPHIN MUMBAR EVE anybody I have forgotten please let me know so I can add you in

bellylicious Mon 15-Nov-10 20:27:14

sorry another awol here had a wedding whoop, lesbianmummy ive been trying to call you is your phone broke again? lol

yes have no phone at all but should be working as dp's phone has my sim in tonight

mumbar Thu 18-Nov-10 07:19:27

I'll sort childcare and confirm but hopefully can see you Sunday before or after your party down S'Sea for a wlk and we can go in and sort out the menu.

Hope DS is feeling better today xx

hi all can i have food choices asap

Have messaged you all as everybody seems to have vanished sad

Stray Tue 23-Nov-10 11:52:35

I'm still about...honest!
I haven't been on the comp much, DD has worked out how to get to cbeeies all by herself hmm
and DH is working away all week and only home at weekends so I getting used to dealing with everything myself!

Hi stray glad you still about are you coming for xmas meal?

mumofloads Tue 23-Nov-10 21:55:33

Hi tis me D13. I namechanged as I realised I have put far to much personal info on here. So sorry I can't make xmas meet up as dh finally got his December hours and is working.
Hope everyone is ok and I can see you soon.

oh sorry mumofloads will try and do another meet after christmas

Stray Thu 25-Nov-10 09:39:03

Hi ya not sure yet about xmas party, don't know DH's hours yet. but I'll let you know as soon as I know

ok stray great let me know asap as if it only a few may have to cancel

mumbar Thu 25-Nov-10 21:27:27

LM1 - did you get my message about not being able to go? We are off to Lapland for the day on the Saturday and have to leave at about 3.30am shock. Can't really let DS be up late or expect parents to have him. Plus I think I may actually need an early night.

Mumofloads grin great name for you.

yes sorry mumbar ds taking up all my time again been to qa twice so far this week and at least two more times to come as well as seeing people for dd i am all mediced out

think i will cancel xmas meal otherwise it could just be me and dusty and we don't need a date :-P

mumbar Fri 26-Nov-10 19:59:17

LOL grin

Sorry about DS have you had any thing positive yet?

Meal canceled

How dare you all go awol I am sad now sad

mumbar Fri 10-Dec-10 21:12:47

I'm here!! But then you've probably seen enough of me this week. grin

No mumbar you have been great glad to have support

suemumtotwinboys Sun 12-Dec-10 18:44:26

Hiya, I live in Fareham with 5 year old twin boys - anyone up for a meet up in the first week of the Christmas hols????

dustycups Sun 12-Dec-10 20:23:11

yeah thanks for the updates on fb mumbar!!

what has happened to this thread sad life seems to have taken over for everyone!

hey suemumtotwinboys, not sure if anyone gonna be free that week, but i dont think i am, will def organise a meet up soon!

oh and for anyone didnt know, my girlfriend is a mumsnetter grin

popping in ds2 back to hospital at 2pm but we now have a swab smile hopefully we will find out what making him so ill soon keep your fingers crossed

Sue would love to meet up but not sure what ds2 has in store regarding hospitals etc will try and remember to update here as well as facebook

mumofloads Tue 14-Dec-10 11:21:25

God I am so thick. Just noticed the little envolope at top of page. Clicked on it to find a load of messages (some from mumsnetters I don't even know) blush.

Thank you all mumbar concert was last night and they went to both shows thanks (better bloody get there reward today now).

dusty when do we get a virtual (or RL) meet with the GF then grin.

suemum I've got a 5 year old boy hopefully we can all meet up soon, though I can't manage anything next week either.

LM Hope your Ds is feeling ok. You are right I miss our thread as well shape up everyone. Little catch up each day please.

So all is well with my lot. I took a new teenager a month ago. She is lovely but dad is a loon. We are on fast response alert with the police but so far he doesn't know where we live. Hoping it stays that way as long as possible. Nearly ready for Christmas but still waiting on 4 pressies from e bay/amazon so thats a bit scary with the postal delays.

hi mumofloads glad you found us again I had Amazon delivery twenty minutes ago so they are getting through just taking slightly longer glad all going well for you.

mumofloads Tue 14-Dec-10 19:20:49

Ok 3 parcels arrived today. One more to go the most important one though (FDs GHDs) so fingers crossed they arrive before the snow.

glad you have 3 of them fingers crossed you get 4th

dustycups Tue 14-Dec-10 22:07:43

mumofloads, im not sure but you can read a thread we did! here

mumofloads Tue 14-Dec-10 22:24:50

Awww just read it, that's so sweet. Hope you and mystic are very happy. Will you get to see each other over Christmas?.

dustycups Mon 20-Dec-10 10:05:44

hey you lot thought we were gonna keep this going!!

mumofloads, i had her and her kids at mine this weekend and have spent the last 4 weekends together but now wont see her for 3 weeks due to family commitments sad

hope everyone is well, and not stressing to much about christmas!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hey everybody I am back now. Ds is a lot lot better only 3 abscesses left and they all looking dry now too. I finish work at 5pm today and can't wait. So what you all up to for Christmas?

mumofloads Thu 23-Dec-10 16:57:13

I'm all done. Off to the Kings for panto tonight Los very excited.
At sisters for xmas lunch with all my family so no cooking for me grin
Hope you all have a wonderful day and see you all soon.
That's great news about ds lm hope he is completely better soon.

dustycups Mon 27-Dec-10 23:09:10

im here!!

i think we need to revive this thread we are all being so silly it used to be great

dustycups Tue 28-Dec-10 08:59:54

we do! i think everyones lives are really busy atm!! im aiming for a feb half term meet up, whatya reckon!!

mumofloads Fri 31-Dec-10 13:49:25

Happy New Year everyone. Hope it's a good one grin

Happy New year everybody

Eve34 Sat 08-Jan-11 09:46:22

Happy new year.

Hope all is well with everyone. Really wanted to meet everyone for the christmas dinner. Looking forward to meeting up soon - feb half term sounds good.

All ok here have gone back to weight watchers only 5 stone to go!!! so a long haul for me. Looking forward to being healthier for the summer

Eve34 Sat 08-Jan-11 09:50:42

i am also going to the mayflower today to see the panto :-)

Hi eve think everybody deserted us sad has been busy week ds not well again and work has been crazy hope you enjoyed your panto

Eve34 Mon 17-Jan-11 18:01:55

Hello over there - sure they will drift back. Hope your son is son on the mend. It isn't nice when they are ill.

Had day off today so went to Southampton, but all the sales have ended.

Busy few days with work this week have to go to birmingham on Thursday so 5 hours of my life on a train.

Roll on the weekend - do you think we should jolly everyone into a meet up over half term?

Eve34 Mon 17-Jan-11 18:02:04

Hello over there - sure they will drift back. Hope your son is son on the mend. It isn't nice when they are ill.

Had day off today so went to Southampton, but all the sales have ended.

Busy few days with work this week have to go to birmingham on Thursday so 5 hours of my life on a train.

Roll on the weekend - do you think we should jolly everyone into a meet up over half term?

Hi Eve yes sounds good I should know all my mindees hours for February very soon so when I do will harass tell people about possible dates

Eve34 Mon 17-Jan-11 21:21:31

Cool I can only do monday or friday at the moment :-)

should know all childrens hours by tonight so will post a possible date for a meet up!

mumbar Sat 22-Jan-11 16:29:56

Feb 1/2 term sounds great. xx

I can do either Monday or Friday but Friday would be my preference. can you let me know if you can do that date then I will arrange a place dependent on who can make it and how many children etc

mumbar Sat 22-Jan-11 22:31:49

fine with me xx

not forgotten but got poorly ds again! will try and make some plans next week

dustycups Sun 06-Feb-11 16:19:17

count me in for anything for half term please!

Eve34 Mon 07-Feb-11 20:07:27

Friday is good for me. Hope all is well with everyone :-) x

mumbar Mon 07-Feb-11 22:42:49

yey Ill be there. Just name date and time!!!

How does monkey bizness sound about 11am ish dusty we have sorted your transport if you are up for it.

It is £7 a child but I am trying to get us 50% off vouchers so would be £3.50 each

mumbar Wed 09-Feb-11 21:13:44

Thats fine by me LM1. I can come and get DD about 10.30ish, we can get dusty and tribe and then head over to meet others.

MrsSnaplegs Tue 15-Feb-11 19:42:05

Hi can I join you guys? I am in Gosport and still have 6 weeks left on maternity leave. My DH is SAHD but he may be up for coming with me if you are meeting at 1/2 term. We have DD age 5 and DS 9 weeks so when I go back to work he will be starting mums and tots locally but thought it might be nice to make some other contacts. Is there anyone else this side of the water? Is your Feb 1/2 term meet up at Gosport MB?
smile

Hi MrsSnaplegs and welcome. Fingers crossed we are all meeting up on Friday 25th February at monkey bizness. We look forward to meeting you and MrSnaplegs I will post updates throughout next week so keep this in your active threads list.

MrsSnaplegs Wed 16-Feb-11 06:46:58

Thanks LM1!

dustycups Wed 16-Feb-11 22:45:34

hi mrssnaplegs!

waves @ mumbar

lm1 keep me posted!

psiloveyou Thu 17-Feb-11 18:10:07

Hello everyone it's me dolphin with yet another namechange.

I can be there, be lovely to catch up.
MrsSnaplegs I'm in Gosport nice to meet you smile

MrsSnaplegs Fri 18-Feb-11 09:10:53

<waves to psiloveyou> hello!

dustycups Fri 18-Feb-11 19:58:26

hey psiloveyou! all though i finding it very hard to not think of you as your old name! cant wait to catch up with everyone!

mumbar Sun 20-Feb-11 18:01:10

Hi me and Lm1 in mb, look forward to Fri, may have deal lm1 will confirm here when sorted.
Pls confirm if ur coming as we need numbers to do a deal x

mumbar Sun 20-Feb-11 18:59:25

Home now sorry about the text speak I was posting from my phone and forgot about not using it. grin

Hi everybody, hopefully have sent you all message as we have a meet up this Friday 25th February 11am at Monkey bizness, Gosport. Have booked us a party room as there appears to be loads of children. Can you confirm if you are coming and if so ages of children you are bringing and what food they want best deals I can get are:
£7 a child plus £1 per adult with a childrens meal included or
£3.50 a child £1 an adult no food!

Kids meals are:
Penne pasta bolognese
Macaroni cheese
Beef burger with fries
Mini cod fillet with fries
Pork sausages, mash,
Chicken nuggets with fries
Hot dog with fries

oops forgot to add or Pizza

Have added us here www.mumsnet.com/Local?site=4092&call=cmlHomePage we need to find the hidden people would be great to make these meet ups larger

MrsSnaplegs Wed 23-Feb-11 18:50:41

Replied via pm ref mb on friday

Hi list of definites seems to be

LM1 plus millions of kids (well ok 7 with my friend but could increase)

Mumbar with 1 ds plus her friend with two dd's

Mrs Snaplegs with 1 ds plus baby (Meant to say you don't pay for under 1's)

Eve34 with 1 ds

psiloveyou with 2 or 3 dc's

Looking forward to seeing you all again and meeting our newbies
gringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin we will try not to scare you all away I promise wink

Dusty may not make it but will decide nearer time.
sadsadsadsadsadsadsadsadsadsadsadsadsadsadsadsadsad
Anybody else I have missed apologies and please let me know you are coming.

Eve34 Wed 23-Feb-11 21:00:19

very excited about meeting everyone. Hope Ds behaves - having a run of being a handful :-(

Have told DS we are at soft play on Friday he wants to know who's birthday it is!!! Hard to explain to him we are meeting a whole group of strangers. Do as mummy says not as mummy does.

See you all on Friday

Hi eve good behaviour is definitely not compulsory but often happens there will be quite a few kids of similar age so sure it will be fine.

Why not tell him it's just a party for some friends as it is school holidays as opposed to a birthday party. We will make you welcome I promise, although ignoring mumbars suggestion of me wearing t-shirt printed with LesbianMummy1 on

MrsSnaplegs Thu 24-Feb-11 06:53:42

My oldest is dd
Baby is ds!
And dh is coming as he is the sahp I am just the milk machine for ds grin have to go back to work soon!!

Apologies MrsSnaplegs hectic half term syndrome

MrsSnaplegs Thu 24-Feb-11 10:10:01

grin wine no problem lm1 !

dustycups Thu 24-Feb-11 10:51:16

I will defiantly be there folks! can't wait to see old faces and meet eve and snaplegs!

davidtennantsmistress Thu 24-Feb-11 10:53:54

gutted I can't.

(sorry am a wm of one atm, however have another on the way so will hopefully meet some of you lovely ladies)

I'm in posh side of town as we call it - just before fareham.

psiloveyou Thu 24-Feb-11 18:30:47

eve don't worry my 3 year old will make all the other children look like absolute angels.

Looking forward to meeting some new friends. Glad you can make it dusty.

See you all tomorrow and hopefully you next time DTM.

Hi list of definites seems to be

LM1 plus millions of kids (well ok 7 with my friend but could increase)

Mumbar with 1 ds plus her friend with two dd's

Mrs Snaplegs with 1 dd plus baby ds

Eve34 with 1 ds

psiloveyou with 2 or 3 dc's

dustycups with 3 dc's

bellylicious with 4 dc's

shall we all meet outside at 11am anybody late we will wait for a while so don't panic once we in we have a party room booked so we can all dump belongings together see you all in the morning

Eve34 Fri 25-Feb-11 15:37:19

Dear all had a lovely time. nice to meet everyone. Hopefully it won't be too long before we can meet up again :-)

KImbo23 Fri 25-Feb-11 15:59:47

Hi I am LM1's friend from today thought I would join you all as thoroughly enjoyed today.

psiloveyou Fri 25-Feb-11 16:56:05

Hi folks, sorry I had to rush off, would like to have stayed. We must try and arrange something for Easter.

MrsSnaplegs Fri 25-Feb-11 17:08:43

Nice to meet everyone today dd had a great time as well!

Hi was great to see you all again and nice to meet our newbies. Suggested next meet up date would be week beginning 18th April can't do the Friday as it is Easter and my anniversary
What other days are good? Where do you lot fancy?

mumbar Sat 26-Feb-11 09:23:45

Hi all,

Yes I had a lovely time aswell. DS enjoyed himself and so did my friend and her DDs.

KImbo - Glad you decided to join us, the more the merrier.

eve and Mr/Mrs Snaplegs Nice you meet you and your DC's.

PsIloveyou We all left pretty mush after you did - and btw your DD is an angel grin

DTM you are very welcome to meet us when you can. I'm in Fareham so probabaly not too far from you. Maybe we could meet one weekend if your free?

My firnds DDs want to know when the next meet up is.

Ideas would be:

Monkey Business
Splashpool (weather/ opening dependent)
Hayling Pleasure Park (All inc bands)
Hundred Acre Woods (picnic and walk)
Pyramids (although I think theres too many children per no of adults in our group)
Queen Elizabeth Country Park (BBQ available)

mumbar Sat 26-Feb-11 09:24:22

Oh and a BIG thanks to LM1 for organising it

psiloveyou Sat 26-Feb-11 10:46:54

Ha ha ha at the angel comment mumbar you haven't seen her have a tantrum it is spectacular grin.

All great ideas, I don't mind what we do. I can't do Monday or Friday of the the Easter week (my ds shares his birthday with LM anniversary).

Yes and thank you LM.

Eve34 Sun 27-Feb-11 08:06:56

Yes please. Jacob was well behaved although didn't play much, sure he would love a meet up in the park with picnic and football, weather permitting.

Big thank you to LB1 and her organising skills :-)

Thanks everyone blush will get my thinking caps on for next meet up and post suggested dates times and venues soon. Just got back from surprise weekend in London with my wifeshock, and kids not back yet. (Thanks KImbo) so just enjoying a few cups of brew and some biscuitbiscuitbiscuit and laughing at my wife who managed to get left behind on Leicester square tube station yesterday. grin I rushed back for her took under five minutes smile but in hindsight maybe I should have gone for a wine first and let her sweat it for a bit. wink Traffic on way home made me laugh though 1 hour to get London to Waterlooville and then 1 hour 20 to get from Waterlooville to home hmm for road works that nobody is working on to home. angry Think people who organise transport in Portsmouth should be made to study London transport for hints as I am so envyious of there systems. There were three whole tube lines closed and still longest we waited was 3 minutes.

mumbar Sun 27-Feb-11 19:14:12

Glad glad you and DW had a fabulous weekend away. grin

Probably best if we are going to have an outdoor meet up to plan it for the first week of April with a date the 2nd week in reserve for weather problems. grin

I wondered whether we could do Moors Valley Country Park. It has a fabulous Play Trail Walk, A tree top walk and also Park, Ducks to feed and Train if anyone DC's love train rides.
It is a great place.

Me and my friend went withe the DC's on Saturday. It was hysterical when we tried to take a short cut and ended up under the Tree Top Trail (we were trying to get on it) in the middle of a lake with a stream. All I kept thinking about was the scene from The Vicar of Dibley when she falls in the puddle grin
We laughed so hard and when I feel down a hole Me and Friend had to stop and compose ourselves for laughing so hard. grin grin

Hi Mumbar sounds good but need to know what children me and KImbo have first before we go somewhere too far out as we may not have space for dusty in cars

mumbar Sun 27-Feb-11 22:27:09

no probs i have 2 spaces and if friend and dds come she may take people - she has 2 spaces too. we usually just take 1 car but could ask her. xx