Local Talk

First time mum looking to meet others in Gosport area

(5 Posts)
Chrissiejoops Mon 04-Jul-11 09:42:19

Hello out there, I recently give birth to a bouncing boy. I am looking for any mother/baby groups in gosport area, people to have a coffee and chat with.

PortsmouthTsarina Tue 05-Jul-11 19:23:30

Hi Chrissie welcome!
I will have a scout round for you and see what I can find going on.
Welcome to MN local grin
Is this your first baby?

Chrissiejoops Thu 07-Jul-11 06:44:13

Hello,
Yes this is my first, got a stepson who is 12 but lives in Plymouth

Why not come and join us all here www.mumsnet.com/Talk/local_portsmouth_isle_of_wight/1039860-A-warm-welcome-to-anybody-in-Hampshire-and-Isle-of we are from all round Portsmouth Fareham and Gosport. Some people have new bouncing babies. Congratulations on your new baby smile

PortsmouthTsarina Fri 22-Jul-11 11:46:31

Chrissie

Hi sorry it took ages for me to get back to you but I have not had access to a computer for a while.

The link that Lesbian Mummy has given you is to the local group on here - all a friendly bunch who meet up fairly regulalry but if you also want to go to a RL group then I have started to update the directory listings with local events and regular groups.

If you are in Gosport then the Haselbridge childrens Centre is a good place to go, on Weds they have a weigh insession with HV there if you need them. there are loads of groups linked to that but best for you to start with may be Little Explorers on Weds 1-2.30pm at the Haslebridge Childrens Centre on Stone Lane in Gosport - the baby clinic runs from 1-3 at the same place.
there is also a BFing support group there on a thursday from 1-2.30 if you are BFing

I will carry on updating the directory, I am doing Gosport first as that is where I have the most info for but will also be doing Fareham, Portsmouth and the wider Hampshire area as I go along.

how are you getting on with your little one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now